MMA Training again!

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I went in to my old school and signed up to start training again! I stopped last year about this time when I got married, because I didn't have the money for it. I went in today to find out about pricing, and I got a family membership for $15 more than what I used to pay, for unlimited training for both my wife and I.

:bowdown:

I'll be training Muay Thai and No Gi grappling mainly, with some BJJ (Gi), Savate, and Boxing on the side.

www.maunlimited.com

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

what's your job and how old are you

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm 23 and I design aftermarket bumpers and do injection mold design with CAD/Unigraphics.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Monday: Muay Thai, No Gi BJJ
    Tuesday: Savate, BJJ
    Wednesday: Grappling, Boxing
    Thursday: Muay Thai, No Gi BJJ
    Saturday: BJJ, Savate

I'm trying to figure out where to fit in my lifting. I would like to lift 3 days a week... and hopefully rest 1 day but I don't know if that will happen. I don't know what to drop/sacrifice.

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

First day back, kill me now :wtc:

30 minutes conditioning (medicine ball, resistance ball, body bar, etc)
    60 minutes Muay Thai drills
    60 minutes Grappling drills
    30 minutes Rolling

I asked for it I guess. :hs:

6. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

3 hours a day? geez man thats intense. props, hope you can keep it up!

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I think only Monday and Thursday is 3 hours, those are the days when I want to go to 2 classes. Wednesday is probably atleast 2 hours for open mat and boxing. Saturday is easy drills for an hour.

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Damn. You're like 40 minutes away from me. We should train sometime.

9. Bausk

Bausk New Member

We usually have good seminars, I'll try to keep you updated. I think the big one this summer is the 4-day Savate "summer camp". I don't know if Erik Paulson is coming this summer, he's been bust training Shamrock for his fight vs Tito I guess. :noes:

10. Placebo

Placebo New Member

That's cool.

A few weeks ago JJ machado came in and eddie bravo is coming in a little while.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

With that schedule don't even bother trying to lift. Just let your body rest. You will get plenty of resistence exercise and conditioning from your training.

12. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That is the available schedule. I don't know if I can keep up with that, or if I even want to. Right now I am training Monday and Thursday for sure, and atleast Saturday for a few weeks while my wife starts. I would like to try and fit atleast 2 days in, I don't want to stop lifting altogether.

I'm thinking of lifting Tuesday and Friday, and nothing Sunday.

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Try training and lifting the same days and allowing yourself the other days to rest. I've been lifting and training 4-5 days a week hard, but just keep a high caloric balance and sleep well. It's been working out because I'm at 8% and fluctuate in the 170's. I had to cut to 160 for a tournament a few weeks ago and bounced right back up.

14. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm at 6' 235 (down 10 lbs from when I started working out w/ weights again a month ago) right now trying to get down to 220-225 solid, so I'm enjoying the extra work. I'm doing my best to get alot of sleep and my diet is really doing better than it has been in years (probably ever).

I'll probably only be seriously working out 5 days a week. The one class on Saturday I would consider stretching/form work... not seriously intense training like my usual Muay Thai or Grappling days. We'll see how it goes for a few weeks and I'll keep it up if it's feeling good for me.

It'll probably take me a while to get into a real swing of it, and by then I might try lifting in the AM before work, then training at night as usual... but I think that is a far ways off.

15. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:coold: sounds like a plan.