Trailers are ruining the movies...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Vysion, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Last 2 movies I have seen, albeit they weren't that great, have been ruined for me. And it seems like Hollywood constantly does this with a lot of their movies.

I saw Couples retreat 2 weekends ago when it was released. There are some funny parts in the movie, but all the funniest parts can be seen in the trailer so I've already laughed at them and they're not as funny anymore after seeing the trailer for a couple months before the movie came out.

Last movie I saw was Paranormal Activity last weekend. The trailer also ruined it for me because in the trailer you see ***SPOILER*** a body flying at the camera. I waited the whole movie for the body to fly at the camera, and because I was anticipating it, it wasn't scary or surprising.

It irritates me when Hollywood does this.

The best movie I remember where the trailer didn't give away the movie was back in 1999 when the original Matrix was released. I had seen the trailer but I had no clue what the movie was about. After seeing the movie the first time it was amazing and I was so glad the trailers didn't expose too much about the movie.

Does anyone else get irritated that Hollywood does this with their trailers?

2. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

:werd: i remember when The Descent came out they ruined the best scare of the film by including it in the trailer

3. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti New Member

I don't blame the trailers. I blame the movies. And if the funniest parts of Couples Retreat are in the trailer, then the movie is the anti-funny because the trailer is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen trying to be funny. But then it is no surprise that it has got horrible reviews.

On the other hand, I've heard good things about Paranormal Activity and the trailer hardly shows anything. If you're sitting there waiting for one flash of a scene, then I can understand why that distracts you from the overall experience. Most of that trailer was audience reaction. I'll see Paranormal Activity tonight probably (in the dark, at home.)

4. The Illusionist

The Illusionist New Member

I agree... The trailers do give away, so when we see a particular scene in the movie you know what is coming up b/c we have already seen that in the trailer.
    Drag me to Hell.. I knew when & where it would get scary for most of the parts b/c of the trailer

5. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti New Member

Oh, one more thing...

The dvd screener of Paranormal Activity that leaked online recently is the original version. The ending is different than the theatrical release. No body flying at camera. Many seem to prefer the original ending to the hollywood version. I have only seen the former.

6. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I agree. When my brother starts watching a preview to a movie he might enjoy, he flips the channel mid-way through and avoids watching any trailer they show in the future. He figures it ruins the movie. Maybe you should try that.

7. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

I hope the original ending is in the dvd release..cause maybe then i will re-watch it..but as for now i will save my money and never hope to see that shittay movie again.