Trail/ Long Distance Runners?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chandojmc, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandojmc

chandojmc New Member

What are your training routines and daily mile totals? I'm thinking about a 5K but since I'm in Engineering I don't exactly have the time to train except for the weekends.

2. JGatz914

JGatz914 Guest

lol yes you have the time. just go out in the morning and run 5 miles every day. 5k training isnt particularly rigorous. now if you want to actually do well, youll need to integrate speed work, tempo runs and long distance, but judging by your question, i think youll improve if you simply run.

3. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

I ran 7 miles yesterday.

today my foot hurts.

4. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

:werd:

it shouldnt take you more than 20-30 mins for a noob to make a 5k run. (I was running 17-18 mins at meets and I sucked :hsugh: )As you get better you should up your training. Time yourself each time so that you can try beating your time, also add in longer runs and things like sprints, hills, stairs, etc.

5. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't consider the 5k a long distance run. It's fairly easy to train for though. As some mentioned, work in speed drills, and run 4-6 miles for conditioning. A 3.1 mile run is more of a dash than anything though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.