trading a car into a motorcycle dealership?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Bugalu, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

any luck with this?

did you have to fight to get a decent amount or was it the same as trading into an auto dealership?

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

wow, i haven't tried. do bike dealerships do that ever?

I would assume if they did that they would low ball ya pretty bad since they'd just take it to auction right away since they probably don't also sell cars etc. so i'd think it would be difficult to get a fair value out of them.

3. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I know a few places that do, but trade in is going to be equal to or less than the value given at an auto dealer. Might be able to get a little more out of the deal if it were for a brand new bike, rather than a used one.

4. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

My friend traded his bike in at the car dealer and didn't get crap. I imagine the other way around is true as well. Either way, all dealers are looking for a profit in every transaction they do. You will never get as much for trade-in as you can get in a 3rd party sale. Put your car on autotrader and try to sell it first.

5. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

if you can't find someone to buy it, you can also try taking it to carmax. you don't have to buy a car from them for them to buy yours, and i've heard they give decent money (although with today's economy and how the auto industry is going, i dunno if that holds true any longer)

6. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

ended up selling the car easily on Cl.

thanks guys!