Toyota Tacoma...rust around rims...help?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rmecgn, Apr 22, 2004.

1. rmecgn

rmecgn New Member

I own a 2003 Tacoma 4X4 XCab. I have owned it for about a year and have accumulated approximately 10,000 miles. I recently noticed rust forming on my rims, where the center plate is pressed onto the outer ring. I brought the Tacoma to the dealer in order to replace the rims, but they informed me that a replacement would not be authorized, because brand new rims would exhibit the same condition.

I find that statement hard to believe. My father owns a 1998 Toyota RAV4, with 150,000 miles, and the rims do not exhibit any rust at all. My sister owns a 2001 Toyota Solara with 70,000 miles, and no rust on her rims either. This dealership is telling me that brand new rims would rust within a year? It would be extremely troubling that a quality company, such as Toyota, would manufacture rims that would rust in a year.

The above complaint was forwarded to the district manager, but further assistance was refused. A call to Toyota revealed that I would have to take this case to arbitration. Any help or suggestions regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

2. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

Hilarious...I just replied to you on TTORA.

3. Butz

Butz Guest

A quick solution: next time buy american!

4. Wizard of Poz

Wizard of Poz New Member

I agree; you wont have to worry about rust, just about everything else fucken breaking down.

5. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

Riiiiiiiiight.

IBunlimitedrecalls

6. shorty420

shorty420 Guest

I would insist that the dealership buys you some new AFTERMARKET rims that WON"T rust in a year.

7. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Toyota has rust issues... Iv seen a few Yotas with frames that rusted through and the truck seriously broke in half... THE FRAME RUSTED THROUGH!!!!! Quality my ass.

And you might say "well that was the old toyotas," Its happening on my friends 95!!!

8. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

I had a 94. Now I have a 03 and never had any problems with anything.