Toyota parts

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by AphidAudio, Feb 23, 2004.

1. AphidAudio

AphidAudio Guest

Hey guys, anyone know of online sites with older Toyota parts? I have an 86 MR2 that I am looking to fix up. Picked it up in very strong running condition for 500 bucks, so its gonna be my new toy car :)

Also, I am looking for a site with a breakdown of all engine specs Toyota put out for around that year. I want to do an engine swap in the future. I know everyone does the 20 valve, but I just want to look at all that will fit. Also, I need to know what the code is for my 5-speed.

I’m new to the Toyota world, need some guidance. :x:
  2. admiral mcscruff

admiral mcscruff Active Member OT Supporter

May 10, 2002

ae86andkp61 Guest More focused on Corollas, but read the Reference section for helpful info on your engine More info on the 4A-G engine and it's potential FWD Corolla site run by a very knowledgeable Toyota guy...may not seem helpful, but remember that MR2's are built mostly out of FWD parts...this guy is also knowledgeable about transmissions. AWESOME toyota mailing list.

There is a lot of MR2-specific stuff out some searches, but take it all with a grain of salt as not all of the information is good.
  4. Local_Hero

Local_Hero Guest

20v fits it's outta an FF car...
  5. Mr 20Valve

Mr 20Valve New Member OT Supporter

Jul 17, 2002
    go 20V!! :bigthumb:
  6. lmac

lmac Guest

20v would be the way to go on that one nice engine 160hp i beleve and the tq it would be a guess off the top of my head 145 maybe