Toyo Guard

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by RayZ143cs, Oct 2, 2002.

1. RayZ143cs

RayZ143cs Guest

I recently purchased a 99 Toyota Solara and it came with 2 cans of factory Toyo Guard (I'm guessing a polish-like substance) that you're supposed to apply after an intense wash. I also saw a mention about the S100 wax that's available at the Harley Davidson shops. Which one do you think is better or should I just use both?? Thanks in advance...

-Ray

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I don't really know anything about Toyo Guard, but I do know that S100 shines like nothing else and runs only $14.95 and will wax your car around 30-40 times. Pick up their S100 paint cleanser to use every 6 months or so prior to waxing and your paint should look great for years.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:ugh: to the Toyo Guard. Don't really have any experience with it. So stick with some S100 or Meguiar's #26.

4. bmf

bmf Guest

Hell, if you got it, I say try it. Wash and dry you car as normal, apply with a soft cloth or foam app and see how it works. Follow the directions, of course.

It's probably some polymer sealant formula with a light polish in it. Pretty common from OE suppliers. No point in buying new stuff if you've got this and it works well.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Not really the best advice. Don't use something that you're not sure how it works, especially if you're just a driveway detailer. Stick with what's proven to give you the results you want.

6. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

not to be mean, but you could try it on one of your friends car. . . offer to detail their car for free, but using this "experimental" product.

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Good way to keep friends... trying out new products on THEIR cars. :rolleyes: