Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by caribou, Sep 28, 2009.

1. caribou

caribou New Member

Has anyone else seen the promos for Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D? They're releasing it in anticipation of Toy Story 3. I saw Up in 3D and was actually really impressed by the picture quality, so I'm kind of interested to see how this will translate.

2. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

I want to take my 4 year old but a double feature is too long for her, especially in 3-D. I'm gonna check it out though.

3. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

Ok, I saw it today. Unbelievable. You would never know it wasn't originally in 3-D. I don't know how they did it, but the depth on the screen was amazing. There was a 10 minute intermission between movies with an on-screen countdown and some funny Toy Story trivia and bonus clips. The trailer for part 3 looks like it's going to be another great installment. And there was a trailer for Christmas Carol in 3-D that just looked really nice. The dead eyes and bland faces from Beowulf are gone. Lots of expression in this one.

4. Poz_Dispenser

Poz_Dispenser New Member

I want to get some acid in me and go see it.

5. caribou

caribou New Member

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear that it was an enjoyable experience. I think it's really a testament to those films that they can be re-released 15 years later and they still hold up story wise as well as animation wise.

6. lets_talk

lets_talk New Member

How long is the break in between the two movies? Long enough to get a beer? I'm excited to see it!

7. caribou

caribou New Member

Yea, I imagine it's probably like a 15 minute or so intermission. What I think is cool is that they are only charging you for the price of 1 movie, but you get to see both. It's like a full day's worth of entertainment for 10 dollars.