Tough situation: Should I get involved?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Morbid, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Morbid

Morbid Guest

I know you guys will crack jokes but I expect it. My current gf had a fucked up past. She was with this one bf 2 years ago who was abusive. It was going on for 8 months. One incident he grabbed her by the bangs and slammed her head on the wall. Many times he would pull her hair, slap her, stupid shit like that. She is over it now, I mean it was 2 years ago. But what kills me is that yesterday she told me she deserved to be slapped by me. I was upset and thinks its okay for me to hit her. I'm guessing she thinks this way because her ex got away with it. So now I'm wondering if I should teach this punk a lesson?

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What frat are you in?

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Seriously tho, she likely needs counseling.

Two things may be happening:

1. What she said may be a result of short term "conditioning" left over from her previous relationship and may not be indicative of her fundamental personality constructs.

2. Her comfort zone may be such that she seeks out abusive men even tho she knows it's wrong, and in this case it is indicative of her fundamental personality makeup. This is likely the case if her household was abusive when she was growing up. In this case, there's really not much you can do, and she will probably end up leaving you for someone who hits her. I realize how fucked up that last sentence sounds and that it makes no sense, but unfortunately it's how the brain works.

Both situations require counseling.

But lose your cro-magnon mindeset. It's 2007 and you're supposed to be a logically evolved male. Not "Ug hit my gf. Now me crush Ug!!!"

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

And because I can tell you're upset about this whole situation I'm not even going to touch the glaring irony in your post. I wouldn't want to have to be "taught a lesson" now.

5. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Before I read another more. FTMFW!:rofl::rofl:

6. Gregsaidthat

Women like assholes. Why? Can't tell you.

She will probably leave you for someone who hits her like "Falconer" said and you won't be able to do anything about it.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You may want to explore the world of "rough sex", such as slapping her, etc. The reality is that she is completely in control because she can (1) provoke you and (2) tell you when to stop. It's a little weird, but can be fun if you can handle it.

8. Gregsaidthat

Now thinking about that a little that might get her enough of the rough-ness but in a none hurting physical/emotinal way. Make sense?

9. If you have to ask, the answer is no.

10. Morbid

Morbid Guest

i do have rough sex, i love pulling her hair and choking her. she likes it lol

she doesnt like when i choke her like just playing around, she really gets mad. hmmm

11. Morbid

Morbid Guest

i just think this guy deserves pain

12. iceman1123

iceman1123 Guest

Being "the tough guy" wont do anything. All you have to do is show her you'll protect her. She IS NOT over it obviously if shes still saying/feeling shit like that. you may even consider seeing (if you'rein college) if shell see a psych about it, just a few times. most campuses offer free counseling.

13. iceman1123

iceman1123 Guest

he does, but not from you

14. Morbid

Morbid Guest

ive know girls that tear up when they talk about it. she talks about it like its whatever. she is over it.

15. Morbid

Morbid Guest

i mean i just want my baby. i do want her to feel protected, so how do i do that?

16. iceman1123

iceman1123 Guest

1. no shit
    2. the ex did it, its ignorant to blame the family when you really have no clue

oh and while were at it, will you take my hand and prance with me through a field of daffodils while we jack off to ashton kutcher? Its spineless bastards like you who are responsible for the pussification of modern man. cmon, if my gf was beat up by hers and i saw/confronted him, you can bet it wouldn't be a "howdy do"

17. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

because real men use violence to solve problems :ugh2:

18. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

your a scarey guy :coolugh:

19. Morbid

Morbid Guest

so you agree with me?

20. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

Yes you pussy.

21. iceman1123

iceman1123 Guest

no, like the UN we just write sternly worded letters in the hopes of reform

faggot

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

While I understand wanting to hurt someone that hurt someone you care about....No, that's just ridiculous. You don't even know the guy and he might be able to kick your ass. The best thing you can do is just tell her never to talk like that again because she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You're right, the ex did it. But don't forget she stayed with him for 8 months while he was doing it. "Normal" people with "normal" upbringings do not stay with an abusive person for 8 months. People with distorted comfort zones from childhood experiences do.

Alright, tough guy. You clearly have a brilliant future ahead of you. But I'm pretty sure your break is over so you should probably stop posting and get back to bagging groceries.

24. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: I love how you are an expert on a subject you obviously have no experience with :bowdown:

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Didn't we argue about this exact same topic in another thread?

Dude even Poco knows the comfort zone thing is correct. How did everyone miss this subject in Psychology class?

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3206557