Touch-Up Question!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by VIOLATION, Jun 21, 2001.

1. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

Ok, a co-worker of mine got a little scratch on her car. It's a black '95 VW Jetta.

I dont know how she got the scratch - and it's not like a normal scratch. It looks more like a rock might have chipped the side of her car somehow. You can see all the way to the bare metal in the little affected area.

So she went and bought some touch-up paint. But my question is, what is the best way to approach this? She wants it as invisible as possible. There's no way (IMO) that she can just buff it out.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The best way to make the scratch as close to invisible as possible it to dab just a bit of touch up paint into the scratch, let it dry, then do it again until it is level with the surrounding paint. Wait a day, and go over the area with a polish to smooth it out. If the area is still lower than the surrounding paint, add some more touch up. Keep repeating this until the paint is level. It can take a couple of days total-but you should only have to spend a few minutes each day working on it.

3. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

thanks, buuu-uuuddy!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

one thing i have found when unsing touch up paint is the brush that comes with it is way to big...

i went and bought a cheap 99 cent ro so paintbrush with very small fine bristels... it helped when working with small scratches where the wider brush would put paint outside the scratch no matter how steady you are....