A&P Total N00b here, so please C & C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Nuttycrack, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Nuttycrack

Nuttycrack New Member

first time poster here in OTAP :wavey:

just started shooting for just a week, so i am a total beginner with this, and i am still learning the camera ...

all these are shot with Canon Digital Rebel XTi, in manual setting

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    enjoy and please CC

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  2. Spurious

Spurious New Member

3. mooingmooseman

mooingmooseman New Member

would be easier if you numbered them =P will just describe in general since too lazy to scroll up and down and count over and over.

flower pictures were well exposed but i thought it was poor composition. too many flowers that just covers the whole frame, just reminds me of wallpaper... looks like there was red flowers right next door, i think a better shot would've been one or two of the violets with the red OOF in the back. you might be on the kit lens so maybe not possible? dunno (j/w, when i had canon p&s, the cameras turned all "blue" colors into that violet color... were the flowers blue or violet?)

bridge picture 1 would've been more interesting if there was something else going on... otherwise i just see metal bars. maybe if there was a great blue sky with clouds or something. derno. i know you can't make the sky come out but just saying. that last picture is better about this.

that one with the kid and the swan is good! i think it could use some photoshop (wash out the back, saturate the subjects) but still good catch. almost looks like a fake swan! funky exposure would be my only regret about that picture... looks like that swan is overexposed even though it's cloudy/later in the day...

4. Nuttycrack

Nuttycrack New Member

Thanks for the comments, and yes i was shooting w/ the kit lens

the flowers were violet, but i would try with just 1 or 2, it did seems to be too crowded. As for the kid and the swan that one probably the best one of that day, because the weather was poor, and i didnt really know what to do in that situation, so a lot of shots on that day came out too dark :o

still got a lot to read ....

5. mooingmooseman

mooingmooseman New Member

yeah sucks when it's like that. unless you have a whole lighting team to help you like the pros, your outdoor shots are always going to be worse than good weather. i think nikon's making a weather machine soon if you want to switch over to our side....... 0=D

6. Nuttycrack

Nuttycrack New Member

7. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

Boring Snapshots :sad2:

8. Nuttycrack

Nuttycrack New Member

any sugguestions to make shots less "boring" ?

9. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

Put some effort into the pictures instead of just walking around and pushing the shutter button.

Shoot things that aren't boring and that people would actually enjoy seeing.