torrent questions (make $20)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skelm, Jun 28, 2006.

1. skelm

skelm New Member

Hi guys,

I need answers to the below questions (stuck)... If you answer all of the questions then please include your paypal address in your post so I can send you $20.00USD.

:x:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

not sure what to make of this..

3. skelm

skelm New Member

Series of questions sent to me that I don't know the answers to - Willing to pay someone $20.00 for the answers :) What's not to get?

4. skelm

skelm New Member

Only need two questions answered now:

If it makes it easier here are the questions (laid out better):

Question 2)

5. tyrionlannister

tyrionlannister New Member

Your friend's movies are "Queued" because of her settings on how many simultaneous torrents she can run. This can be set by how many active (both complete and incomplete) torrents she is running, and also by how many incompleted downloads she has.. If she raises her "Max active torrents" to unlimited and her "max simultaneous downloads" to, say, 4, then she can download 4 items at a time.
    She might also consider stopping any completed downloads if she has a share ratio that is greater than 1. This will free up some bandwidth to use on the files that have not finished downloading yet.

As for Windows Media Player (WMP) not recognizing the file type or format, make sure the file is an AVI or MPEG and not a .zip or .rar file. If they are, then consider getting a different media player, like VLC media player or Media Player Classic.
    Also, download a program called "GSpot Codec Information Appliance" and open your video using that. It will tell you which codecs
    are needed to run the file, and whether you have them installed on your system.

I would also use dvdSanta instead of Nero if you're trying to convert a downloaded video into DVD format and then burn it to a DVD. I think that's what you're trying to do, but I'm not sure whether I translated correctly.

Good luck

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:lockd:

take the pirating elsewhere.

7. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Truth. Also note that commercial movies (especially popular/in theater ones) on bittorrent are often fakes. So you end up downloading 2 gigs of black screen or an invalid file.

Finally, bittorrent punishes those who don't share so if you don't allow others to download from you then your transfer rate is going to suck.

Enjoy.

8. Clarity

Clarity New Member