WEB Torrent Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by x856, Aug 30, 2007.

1. x856

x856 New Member

Alright, so i go to a university and we have a pretty fast internet connection (I clocked it at about 9mb/s download and about 5mb/s upload) and recently they blocked the download of .torrent files which did not really affect me (i just started using proxy servers to download the files and it works fine) my problem is that when using the wired connection in my room download speeds drop and upload rarely even happens. the weird part about it is if i go closer to the campus and use the wireless connection download speeds are upwards of 400kb/s. i have tried using different ports and proxys, but i have run out of ideas. anyone know how i might be able to get by whatever they are using to slow my downloads (also this is strictly a torrent problem, downloads straight from the internet are still extremely fast)

2. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sounds like they are doing traffic shaping on P2P traffic. You could try using the encryption feature in the popular torrent programs. That should make the traffic harder to detect.

3. wolf32

wolf32 New Member

IRC much?

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member