SRS torn in choice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Tecca Boss, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Tecca Boss

Tecca Boss Active Member

I was with my X for 10~+ months, my longest relationship. Things were great, we rarely fought, but when we did it was like a bomb. I went away to VA to meet up with lots of my old friends, and I ran into a girl who I loved back 2 years before my X and I even met, we hit it off and I left (nothing happened). I came home and the first thing my X did was start fighting, and I came back and I didnt feel the love anymore... so I broke it off with her. She knows the girl I went out with before her and that girl cheated on me and I gave her a second chance, my X says I should at least give her another chance, I dont think the magic is there anymore... I am 24 and I really do not see this moving foward after something like this, especially because all I can think about is the girl in VA. I am somewhat distraut but I think its because after 10 months i threw it away for a 7+ hour ride but a love i feel is stronger, the last problem is the girl 7 hours away is hard to read and what if I threw away a great love for a hope?

thanks OT :hug:

2. RandomDead

RandomDead Have your pets spayed or neutered

you're 24

At this point if you know the girl you're with is not the one you want to marry then you need to move on.

The girl that's 7 hours away might be fun for awhile, but don't kid yourself, you love her because she's something different and at the same time something familiar.

3. Tecca Boss

Tecca Boss Active Member

its hard to make a choice when i dont see it as fun, i been hoping for the chance with this other girl for two years, i finally got it, she goes to school in DC and might go to NYU, i want to hold out, i dont wanna be jumping on whats easy but what i want... i just feel depressed for hurting / leaving the other girl, especially when she calls me crying for a second chance...

4. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

i dont think its love man, its lust. something new always seems better. but how are you gonna keep a 7+ hour relationship going? plus who knows how she is once you start being with her.

5. PrettyKittieJ

PrettyKittieJ New Member

You Aren't The Only One

That's the best advice I have heard in awhile. And it made me feel alot better.

I kinda hit it off with this guy at work, but then he was leaving for a trip. He was going to be gone for 6+ weeks, but we were still in the phase of "getting to know you." I told him that I would wait for him, not because he asked me to, because he didn't, but because I wanted to see what it could lead to when he returned.

Well dummy me now that he is back, its almost like nothing ever happened and we are back to being friends. I feel stupid and insignificant. My feelings are hurt and I am the only one to nurse my wounds because it was no ones fault but my own.

I share my story to let you know that you aren't the only one who has to makes choices and that RandomDead is correct.

If you feel that the one relationship has run its course than it has, but the other chick is only on your radar because you were looking for something to distract you from the relationship problems that you were having at home.

Because I bet you whatever your original issues were with the girl in VA are still there and will rear its ugly head again....