Torchlight? (or similar dungeon crawlers)

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Lacuta, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Lacuta

Lacuta :OG:

Anyone here play Torchlight?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't see why they even bothered making the game considering it has no multiplayer capabilities. Anyone have suggestions for similar dungeon crawler games until Diablo III is released?

2. Lacuta

Lacuta :OG:

it's available on Steam, btw

3. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

4. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

It's fun for a single player hack-n-slash. They released it without multiplayer since the MMO version is way off, and they wanted to see what the mod community could do with the game. So far they've been fairly productive with it... Adding respec mods, gender change mods, class tweaks, and even introducing new classes in some cases.

5. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

Torchlight = Diablo 2 + better graphics

it's fucked

6. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

diablo 2 median

or titans quest

or sacred 2

7. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

Torchlight is a really fun/cute little game however it's hard for me to play single player games anymore and if I do I prefer ones with really strong stories (Mass Effect/Dragon Age for example). It really is a pity this game doesn't have multiplayer because I could see myself playing lots of it while awaiting Diablo 3...

8. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I played it at work for a bit, it was decent. I leveled up to the early 20's and then got bored. I just can't play the singleplayer in games like this without getting bored fast. If it had multiplayer I would have enjoyed this game a lot more considering the fact that the multiplayer was pretty much the entire reason I enjoyed the Diablo games. I can't complain much because it was free but if it had online multiplayer then I would have probably paid for it.

9. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

game is boring as hell. theres only one town. no multiplayer, so no point to play.

10. Sooka

Sooka New Member

:werd:

Once you're sick of seeing what the next skill does and what the next dungeon looks like it gets pretty damn boring. I found the free version of Dungeon Runners a lot more fun than this game, I wonder if that game is still running; it wasn't perfect or even great by any means but it was online and I remember having a lot more fun with it than I did with this game.

11. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

Played, beat it, had fun with it but never went back to it. AI was kind of retarded, and other than 1 or 2 spots I never found it hard at all. Also, the 1 town and 0 story sucked ass too, I didn't really understand why they couldn't have come up with at least something to add to the 1 sentence townfolk.

I just kind of took this as a preview to the MMO they're making, and basically that this was a live test to see how their engine handles on a wide audience.

I'm pretty excited about the MMO though, it seems promising

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  12. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

sacred 2 is quite possibly the worst ARPG i've played in a long time. I got bored with it very fast, and really frustrated at their stupid anti-duping/cheating system for not even allowing me to hand items over to someone playing on the same system. Combat was boring as fuck too.

titans quest is a far better option, but another option if you haven't played them already would be the xbox baldur's gate dark alliance games. They were really quite fun, had a blast with both of them.

13. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Guest

I'm loving Torchlight. Just finished the "main" quest, now I'm in the second area on the bottom right.

14. Schnei

Schnei OT Supporter

I play it sometimes to kill some time. It's pretty fun for that

15. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

Yeah i got bored of sacred 2 and titans quest half way through. Sacred 2 is cool cause of local co op like baulders gate.

Diablo 2 median on the other hand is awesome, super fast paced and fun/challenging and the closest thing to diablo 3 we will see for a few years.