GUN Took two months to load 2000 rounds of 5.56 on a single stage.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChipOnShoulder, May 20, 2009.

1. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

I loaded these rounds in 100 to 400 round batches. With crimping, it averaged 2.5 hours to load 200 rounds. Used a RCBS rockchucker kit. It took me about two months. I had a two week pause when social life pulled me away, lol, but otherwise it was slow and steady loading for me.

For a poor single guy who rents, I really didn't think that buying a progressive kit suited my lifestyle.

2K rounds is surprisingly heavy. Based on rough calculations, I was expecting 50 pounds or so, but it feels like 60-80 when all loaded up in my duffel bag.

[​IMG]

PS: Got enough powder, primer, and bullets to load another 6K. Brass will have to scavenged though.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

3. ChipOnShoulder

:wtc:

I would totally live off my rich parents and use their money to buy toys. But I believe being poor and learning the value of money and hard work is priceless.

LOL, j/k, the deal is I either accept my parents money and work for the family company's newest office in Shanghai, or I live my own life on my own terms in the states.

Can't own guns in China.

Ta da!

I've got 200 MK262 Mod 1 factory seconds, and 1K PPU 75 grains for accuracy use though. Got all the powder and projectiles for 262 clones, but haven't gotten my hands on a chrono yet for testing.

Where city does this take place in?

Having a Magpul class in Portland in July and that's what this ammo was loaded for. Could load another 500 rounds just for my own fun use though.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

It's in Sherwood, so pretty much Portland. I drive about an hour and a half every month to make it, it's a ton of fun. We only shoot about 200 rounds on typical matches.

June is a 2-man team match I think so if you come you might have to bring a friend.

5. ChipOnShoulder

Few years out of college.

My choice to focus on developing social skills and trying to get laid as much as possible instead of focusing on my Econ/Business studies has led to a less than satisfactory career development.

While I'm not a bank teller/barista/mechanic, i'm not a well paid consultant or advertising cubicle slave either.

I'm time rich, money poor.

Where do you go for information? Gonna be in Canada for a business trip, but if it matches my schedule, I know a few people who'd be interested. I shoot with a rifle league, and one guy is a competition junkie. Literally goes to all the competitions in WA state.

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

PM sent

7. That is more patience that I'd have to load all that on a single stage.

If you want to shoot the rifle match in Oregon, I'll carpool down with you.

8. ChipOnShoulder

Oh shoot, looks like i'll be out of country for the June match.

If you wanted to go, I have some other friends who'd might be down. Tim from rifle league would probably be down, don't know if you met him. He's the fitness/competition junkie.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Even with a dillon 650, rcbs power trim pro and rcbs case prep center would of took me better part of 5 hours to load 2000 rounds. Loading rifle is tedious. I'm going to upgrade my case prep gear soon. That should save a hour.

10. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Wow, I would take the opportunity to live in China for a couple years - that's an experience that you'll never forget :bowdown:

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Damn. That's a lotta time spent there. Will be fun to shoot up though.

What kind of business are you parents into? I have my fingers crossed that it's the import/export biz. I could use a hot azn slave girl or three.

12. ChipOnShoulder

Mom's corporate high finance, Dad's Electrical Engineering. His company specializes in ESD prevention and detection hardware and software. Relevant for high tech manufacturing. Most manufacturing is in asia. We've looked into the few remaining high tech manufacturers as well as defense contractors in the states/Europe.

It's pretty cool, most of the OEM manufacturers in asia use his stuff. Foxconn, Gigabyte, ASUS, etc.

Not particularly interested.

I'm the type to get in trouble with teh wimminz. And knowing i'll most likely get involved with wimminz, there will always be the dynamic of me being viewed as a meal ticket/green card.

13. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Hope you trimmed them nawka.

14. ChipOnShoulder

Of course man.

Case Gauged every piece after sizing, and trimmed em on a hand cranked trimmer.

This was an exercise in persistence and patience.

15. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

I knock up a bunch of girls. :o