MIL Took the ASVAB last week what does this mean

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 10dementianal, Oct 22, 2007.

1. 10dementianal

10dementianal OT Supporter

Took the ASVAB last week got a 94 still confused.

So I took the ASVAB on tues last week and I am confused.

I am going for WOFT in the Army It states a GT of 110 and higher than a 90 on the AFAST. How can I find my GT score? do I have to take another test before going in front of WOFT should I just ask my recruiter?

I have to go through MEPS again in 32 days. I got temporarily DQed because was 24% not the prior service standard of 22% so needless to say I am a little depressed and running to the point of puking.

The only thing I got from the MEPS after I took my ASVAB was a form that says AFQT percentile of 94 WTF?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

armed services vocational aptitude battery yehhh ehh it sounds like you scored a 94 on the asvab basically thats like saying you could have almost any job you want

3. 10dementianal

ok but have you heard of the AFAST as a separate test? i would assume it is by the name Alternate Flight Aptitude Screening Test? dunno man I know I still have to take the Flight physical too Has anybody gone through this? what does it entail? How is it different from the MEPS physical?

4. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

well it depends
    the percentiles work for individual things too
    I remember getting 96 percentiles for writing and some other gay shit, but only got an 81 overall

5. 10dementianal

The only form i was handed was form # 611-1-2-R-E, NOV 01 not a breakdown of each section.

6. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

you wanna fly?

7. 10dementianal

ya I want to fly I am currently going for my PPL on the civilian side

8. shiba

shiba Active Member

yes the afast is a separate test. You should look through some kind of study guide before you go take it. Its not hard stuff to master but they throw like 30 questions at you for one section and you have 5 minutes to answer them. half of it is also a personality test. gluck with it.

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

AFAST is a different monster than the ASVAB. You are right about the minimum passing score for the AFAST, and if you scored a Q of 94 on the ASVAB you shouldn't have anything to worry about GT wise. Purchase an AFAST study guide so that you are familiar with the exam prior.

http://www.amazon.com/Military-Flig...2418505?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193161532&sr=8-1

The flight physical is much more indepth than the basic MEPS physical. There are more strict standards for vision, past injuries, etc. Don't stress out, go take the test and do the physical and see what the results are.