A&P took some waterfall pics

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by irishwhite, Aug 31, 2003.

1. irishwhite

irishwhite Guest

let me know what you think of them. the only thing i don't really like about the pics is where the water is coming down in really thin streams...it looks like it's string spilling over instead of water. but i guess since i don't have a really nice camera, it didn't turn out too bad. overall i'm happy with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Davan

Davan Guest

The second pic is very nice. Would have just framed it a touch lower. Good work!@ :)

3. irishwhite

irishwhite Guest

thanks, i always feel so self conscience when i put stuff i do up to be looked at. especially here where there are so many people that will see it, and most of them have more experience (and a better camera) then me.

4. Davan

Davan Guest

It's a big part of learning though. When I comment on photography, I'll always try to give some advice, rather than just saying "nice pics". Not that I'm a pro or anything, but I personally enjoy suggestions and feedback, positive or not. Keep snapping! :)

5. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

Where was that taken? Indiana PA isnt far from me

6. irishwhite

irishwhite Guest

i took these pics near a town called Towanda. it's near the NY border. i go to school at IUP, but i live near philly when i'm not at school. so i don't think Townada is really that close to hear. probably about 5 hours.

7. Monet

Monet Guest

Nice pic. I agree about framing it a little lower. I would also try a longer shutter to get a softer feel of the water.

8. nateg

nateg New Member

My Donation

Croton Gorge, NY.

[​IMG]

9. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

My donation...Niagra Falls

[​IMG]

10. Writeoff

Writeoff Guest

the second pic looks awsome

11. KW802

KW802 New Member

Here's a shot from Bushkill Falls in PA. I took a bunch that day with my G1 but I like this one because about 2/3 of the way down you can see the faint colors of a rainbow that was there. If anybody is in that area Bushkill is a really nice place for a day trip.

[​IMG]

12. Sigma

Sigma Guest

I like the 2nd pic too and I agree that it would have been better if it was a little lower.. . Were the trees really tall or would the top have fit in the frame?

the experience is so much more important than the camera...
    You need to practice, get feedback, and practice more to improve. :)

I'm recently got over the self-consciousness myself.

13. Skillz

Skillz Guest

Do you have a larger version of the 2nd picture?