A&P took some shots.. critique a newbie *56k beware*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hott-nix, Jun 16, 2006.

1. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

images were taken with a fuji e900 9mp point and shoot. so by no means nearly as good of camera as most of you have. trying to learn the basics and avoid pp as much as possible. only pp in these shots is resize in photoshop. please critique/flame/give tips

the second and tird shot... i think i messed up the whitebalance or maybe just under exposed. all critisizm welcomed :wiggle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hsubaru

hsubaru New Member

foreground blur is a bit distracting and the second and third flowers are a bit dark, but other than that, technically fine pictures.

3. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

the auto focus went nuts on me in pic #5 when the wind started blowing so i think i know how that happened.
    any idea as to what would cause the sort of halo effect on pic 6?

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I hate hearing people say this... IMO it's 90% photographer 10% gear... I've seen some people take better pics with a P&S than some people with a DSLR and expensive glass..... If you can't correctly frame and expose a photo, a 1D and L series glass (or a d2x or d200... whatever that nikon crap is) isn't going to make you any better....

as far as your pics go.. they are all generally boring. On the flower pics, you did decent on not going to center heavy on your composition(with the exception of # 6&7) Exposure is good but the focus is horrible. Don't be afraid to use PS... there's nothing wrong with doing a little PP on your photos.. just don't take it overboard.

Read up on composition, and other "rules" But remember... the "Rules" are just a guidline and don't always need to be followed... photography is an art, not a rule :) Keep shooting!

5. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

i agree

6. joy division

joy division New Member

7. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

thanks for your imput, i appreciate it alot :bigthumb: