A&P took some pictures this weekend of another nearly lost art form

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by tetsuo, Aug 25, 2009.

1. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

went out to my mom's house this weekend to help her uncover and take some pictures of dad's stuff out there to help her sell it. the guys re-siding the barn left too much shit in front of the doors (huge pile of red tin) to be able to get the stuff outside, so i fired up a couple of flashes and tried to do it cramped indoors. so i know these aren't the best from a c&c standpoint, but just thought i'd share some of the stuff my dad loved. :hsd:

1) dad built this one from the runners up. he got the runners as a package deal with the first pulling horse he bought.
    [​IMG]

2) he restored this one. spend hours on the vinyl top and seats and refinishing and repainting it.
    [​IMG]

3) this one he bought, but its about 130 years old and is the remaining part of an old covered wagon. he welded together a frame to hold 2 bench seats in it to use for rides around the farm, but the frame is completely removable so as to return it to its original condition.
    [​IMG]

so, anyone have the slightest damn clue where you list stuff like this? i didn't get pictures of the other buggy, but its actually made by studebaker, same one that made cars, before the car was invented. going through this stuff really makes me want to work with my hands and wood more, and i realize just how much of a dying art form it is with all the computer programmed plastic formed shit that is just dumped out now.

2. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

Perhaps contact some museums. They may like to have some of this on display.

3. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

:werd:

4. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

Oh cool. Those are cool to me since I live near Buggy town USA (Columbus, OH.)

5. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

not a bad idea about the museums. i might have to look into contacting a couple of the local ones. :h5: