A&P Took some pics at the park *pics*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by phish, Nov 1, 2006.

1. phish

phish hockey crew

Repost... but I took some ideas from the original thread I made yesterday in the MF and thought I'd share it in here.

Once again, I'm welcome to criticism and once again, A&P is going to try to tear me a new asshole. But this time I'm ready. :hsugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the first pic above, I cropped out the mother who was watching her kid run towards the leaves. I felt like it told part of the story but some people didn't think so. I don't know :dunno:

Keep in mind these are strangers and I didn't ask permission to shoot them but I did anyways. So I had to stand quite aways back and I was also limited by a 24-120mm lens.

2. phish

phish hockey crew

No tips from A&P? :dunno:

3. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

Second one is cool, but first one is out because the kid isn't in focus. My eyes are drawn to the pile of leaves. Cool idea...if you could get three or four of those in sequence, but somehow have the kid in focus the entire time. I know I'm not yet good enough at setting up autofocus to do that, but I'm sure it can be done.

4. dano

dano OT Supporter

You had a good idea, but it could have been better. At least it's not flowers or trees, that's what I came in here expecting lol.

The kid is wayyyy out of focus in the first shot, all I see is the blue poles in the background. Next time try adjusting your angle so you don't have that creating unwanted attention in the picture.

In the first shot you can also still see the shadow from the mother. It's one of those things you won't notice until afterwards, we all do it.

5. phish

phish hockey crew

I originally left the mother in. I felt like she told a part of the story because she was playing with her kid. So the shadow of her didn't look so bad. It does when I crop her out.

6. dano

dano OT Supporter

Sometimes it's better to leave stuff like that in the picture, gives it more character.

Here's an example of one I took:

[​IMG]

If I had tried to remove the people from the picture it would have been just another boring car picture. It gives it a little character, like the center of attention.

Post up the pic with momma in it just for the hell of it.

7. phish

phish hockey crew

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  8. phish

phish hockey crew

Also, I've been reading up on books about these kinds of shots.

It's not all so bad when the kid is out of focus. In fact, it kind of shows that the kid is moving. There's a sense of speed and motion with it.

9. dano

dano OT Supporter

If that's what you were going for, then yes, it's a good shot. :)

10. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I do see what you're doing with the kid and the motion and the blur, (and yes, you were successful at showing the motion) I feel that the kids emotion and smile are MUCH more important to this shot than the motion.

I would have liked to see you zoom in to where you cropped it, (which would have given you the ability to see and remove the mothers shadow through the viewfinder), and then take that shot.

Also, the blue poles are distracting, as they're in focus in the first pic, and in the 2nd, the kid has a blue pole coming out of his head. A different angle may have been better.

With that said, these are 400x better than your last ones. Nice work!!

11. Changed

Changed Guest

"limited by 120mm" :hsugh:

12. phish

phish hockey crew

I couldn't have zoomed in. I was standing behind a fence and my focal point was already at its furthest :hs:

And a different angle would have been better. I agree. Except this was a one time shot. After the kid ran through it, she stopped because she was already at it for a good 20 mins or so.

13. phish

phish hockey crew

See above :hsugh:

14. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

here's one i took when i first got my camera.. left the mom in, cause i thought just shooting the kids would make them look like my own :mamoru:

[​IMG]

15. phish

phish hockey crew

Nice :cool:

Too bad the quality isn't that good :hs: