A&P Took some model car pictures last night

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by peoplescar, Mar 12, 2007.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

was playin' around with my camera last night and snapped these photos of my model cars. it was pretty educational in terms of taking pictures of cars ironically enough. enjoy.

btw: D40 hater crew :fawk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skolen

skolen Guest

Not bad. You need to bounce more light to fill it out better. Get yourself a big, white piece of cardboard you can use as the stage and a light hood for reflections. I used to work at Exoticar taking photos of the models and had a nice setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. skolen

skolen Guest

Couple more off their site. I only took the details of the expensive ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I always thought the white was too bright, like the car is floating in space. i'll have to try out some different things though. I definately need to get some light coming i on the other side. something to bounce the light off of would help a lot. I've been to the Exoticar store in NYC and have ordered a few cars from them, matter of fact the McClaren is from them i believe. thanks for the advice.

5. skolen

skolen Guest

Yea, the owner owes me $400 for work still. The HQ I worked at is a few towns over from me. Guy is a real asshole.

They were shot on white backgrounds because they were used in the catalog and he liked to keep it clean. So I marked the stage so all the cars faced & same angle.

If you wanna give them a defining line use some black gaffers tape on the background that mimics the cars shape as close as possible. This will get you a nice crisp black line along opposite side for definition and you can PS the tape out later. I didn't have the time to set something like that up for each shot.

6. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

interesting, thanks :bigthumb:

7. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

ditto. I prefer the black back drops.

8. Beeno

Beeno New Member

The white just looks too much like advertisements, and have no mood to them, so I think the black works well here. The second pic is pretty :cool: