A&P took some family shots on sunday v.cc

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by tetsuo, Nov 7, 2009.

1. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

my siblings and i met at my mom's house to try to take some family pictures. the whole group shots didn't turn out all that fantastic, but i did get some shots i like of my kids and my nephew. here's my favorite shots of the day, give me your worst so i can do better next time :x:

1 - my parents are huge cowboys, so my mom wanted some shots of her grandkids in cowboy clothes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 - then took some shots of the 3 kids playing in the leaves outside.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 - more cowboy shots, mainly my mom wanted shots of all the grandkids on the middle saddle, it was my dad's custom made saddle and she's going to give it back to the guy who made it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 - just a shot of a neat colorful sunset as seen from her backyard
    [​IMG]

so, any tips or pointers that i can use next time to do better?

2. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

I would have liked them more if you've used the rule of thirds :)

3. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

You have beautiful children and nephew. Rules of thirds aside since it was mentioned and some could use it and some I think are great.

1. You sons shirts seems really blown and your daughter has something growing out of her head. I also think that thing behind your soms head is really distracting from its glare. Its nice and sharp and I really like the conversion. Watch the shadows on the faces as you are very close to making them flat. Bridge of the nose is the only shadows left.

2. glary thing right in the center again and close the door. It also appears you are not perpendicular to the wall behind you and I dont know why but it makes the shot seem akward. You certainly captured "Cowboy in that shot though and again the conversion is something I like

3. Composition seems weird and rule of thirds could have really helped.

4. Kids playing in leaves. What can be more fun. Who care about tecnical stuff, this is just a great fun shot

5.sons shirt seems blown again - but overall, it is great IMO

and the last 2 I think are great portraits. just maybe blur the background more

ovreall, I really like them and I think grandma will be overjoyed. SO is #5 being snet to Jared for a canvas print?

4. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

:bigthumb: thanks for the tips. and your right, my mom did love the shots.