A&P Took some baseball pics.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Q (_) /\ l), Apr 19, 2003.

1. Q (_) /\ l)

Q (_) /\ l) Lurkage

I didn't bring my tripod, so they aren't as crisp as they could of been, not to mention I've signifigantly reduced the size from 5MP 2150x1600 or whatever the highest res is for this camera. I'm also new to taking sports pics, so it's hard to get in on the action. Tell me what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2003
  2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

SLR > 5mp camera that is all :)

Not a fan of baseball and pics seem fuzzy.

3. coolchrisrm

coolchrisrm Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes.

GO TIGERS! :wtc:

nice photos,
    what camera did you use?
    where were you sitting in the stadium?
    did you crop out those sections, or resize the photos?

4. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

If you are using Windows XP, Microsoft has a Powertoy that will make resizing less of a headache. Unfortunately it only has a few, but common, set sizes. Once installed, right click on the pic and select "Resize Pictures". Other than that, Photoshop works wonders.

Image Resizer

Nice pics BTW. Especially without a tripod.

5. Q (_) /\ l)

Q (_) /\ l) Lurkage

They're farely fuzzy yes, as stated I couldn't bring my tripod, so I'm trying to take quick pictures from basically far right field with max zoom with no stabilization, not to mention those pics were ALL resized and decreased in quality so I could actually UL them to OT. Even if they were max quality some of those would still be blurry, but they do look a lot better.
    Anyway coolchrisrm I did crop them, otherwise they'd be huge, and it's a Minolta Dimage 7i, still working out the bugs as you can clearly see. I'll be at the Yankees game this afternoon, so I'll try to talk them into allowing me to bring in the tripod, and the more games I get experience with, the better they will be. BTW anyone know of a free place I could get the better quality pics to upload, at least to save them at a reasonable quality, don't want max because it's about 15 -25MB, but at least be able to have 1 MB as to havea higher quality?

6. xuphrus

xuphrus Guest

good stuff, i want a zoom lense for my Rebel 2000 so bad so i can take cool pics at baseball games and do other cool stuff

7. Q (_) /\ l)

Q (_) /\ l) Lurkage

Here's a few more pics from yesterdays game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Not bad for a first try. My old photo editor would take one look at these pics and say "where's the story? All I see is some random baseball photos!" Your best shot is the "swing and a miss" shot. That one photo coupled with the right caption could tell a story. However, the picture quality is somewhat lacking due to the lack of a tripod or monopod.

Try shooting some facial expressions of the players and coaches at the peak of their performance. Get as tight as you can. Also, try for some slides into second base...that is always a great shot.

Cheers
    Jim

9. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

i hate the yankees, otherwise :cool: