GUN Took my NRA Range Safety Officer Class today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cannondale, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

:cool:

Just for shits and giggles or are you helping out at a club or something?

I'm NROI, but would like get NRA's too since one of the local clubs is "NRA or gtfo" when it comes to events.

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Well, I want to help out at my local club some, maybe get into helping with matches. The main reason I got it is because the club I go to is unsupervised at almost all times. When you complete the NRA RSO class you get an orange badge. I see a lot of stupid things going on out there that as a regular member I have really no option but to report it after it happens. If I'm an RSO I am within my boundaries to go up and ask the person to knock it off. Since the range targets and frames that get messed up normally are made by members and paid for by the club, the earlier you stop people from goofing off the better. It's always just a few people that ruin it for everyone else unfortunately. :hs:

4. notaniceperson

notaniceperson -I'm an ASSHOLE!

I hear you about douchebaggery at the range. At the range I belong to EVERY ONE is considered an RO. If you see someone breaking rules or just acting stupid, you are encouraged to POLITELY point out their error and offer them a way to correct it. If they continue, go get old man KC and he will come out and read them the fucking riot act. This guy is old as hell, but he is a big guy, and when he comes at you angry, you STFU and listen.

I have corrected alot of people on the range, I always do so with a smile as long as it is not a serious danger issue. Most of the time it is simple things like no eye gear or ear wear, or maybe bringing a long gun on the handgun range. Other times it is more serious such as handling a weapon while the range is "cold", which could potentially end up in someone getting shot. I have raised my voice to dumb asses who break that rule. I am NOT trying to get shot BC some dumb fuck wants to play with his goddam gun while I am in front of it changing my targets.

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

welcome to the club :wavey:

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

My class was painfully long and boring. Some was ok, but it was 3 days iirc, and day 3 ran over like 3 hours.

Either way, it's a good step to being "certified" for some ranges.

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

God that was a long class. Atleast we got a break for food partway through when I took it

:wavey: