Took my brother to the gym with me today.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Layne Staley, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

His first time in YEARS. He used to weigh in at 330lbs at 5'8", quite the fatass. Over the past 1.5 years he has cut down to 205lbs and he is fixing to move to Atlanta so I told him I would show him some lifts since he is going to join a gym there.

I showed him bench, squats, rows and deadlifts today :rofl: I can't WAIT to see him try to walk tomorrow.

Maybe I'll update tomorrow with a vid of him trying to move.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

Was he pretty strong from carrying around all that weight all those years? A lot of those fatties are naturally strong as fuck without ever touching a weight

3. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Eh, we didn't try to squat more than 65lbs because he was really struggling with his form and sitting back and all that stuff. He was deadlifting 185 with ease though, so I think when he gets his form down and stuff his pulling strength will skyrocket. Probably strong back from being fat.

He could only bench around 145 though.....but I guess that is pretty normal as well after not touching freeweights basically EVER in his life.

4. TZ

TZ Banned

I bet he's gonna get strong fast , if he tries :hs:

5. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yeah i predict rapid strength gain as well. He should be bodyweight benching in no time. My family seems to have genetics that allow us to get strength pretty fast in benching and deadlifting........squatting is a different story though for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.