Took another attempt at swirl free polish

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Tried it on my black hood with swirls, couldnt get it working what am I doing wrong, it just makes things worse.

I am doing by hand work, I shake the Swirl free polish well, then I apply it on the car, use a terry cloth and wipe back and forth with pressure for about a minute and then wipe off with microfiber. It just seems to do worse. Is it possible I am putting to much on, is it supposed to be very very very little amount?

2. quamen

quamen New Member

u keep working it till it is dry and clear. a foam applicator pad is best to use. plus it is most likely not aggressive enough for the swirl removal. The DACP is better i bet, and of coarse your car is black which is worse.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Don't bother with a foam pad... use a terrycloth towel folded up to give you a "pad." This will give you the most cutting power. You're right about starting all over with the DAC/P, though.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Foam is worse because it has less cutting power and you cannot apply pressure as evenly.

Renegade-are you working in the direct sun? If so, that could be the problem...although I took swirls out of a black BMW 325 ci in the sun the other day (admittedly, it was only 55 degrees out) using DACP, Swirl Free and Vanilla Moose (sealed with Poorboy's EX). Came out real good.

Without seeing your car and technique, it is hard for me to say exactly what the problem is.

5. quamen

quamen New Member

Didnt know that at all, learn something new everyday. I guess u like to then just polish with foam and wax after the defects have been removed? What kind of terry cloth townesl do you guys like, folded in 1/8s to?