SRS Too stale. Don't know what my prob is.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by knarxed, Dec 6, 2005.

1. knarxed

knarxed New Member

Be it work, family gatherings, w/e, sometimes I just can't say a word unless its answering a question or asking a basic request. What is my problem?

Even in chatrooms, I can't say shit (msg boards I can kinda). I kind of freeze up when thinking of something to say. It's really pathetic, but this has been holding me back for a long ass time. I have very little social anxiety with medication but I still can't peep a word to people I don't know. People told me im "too serious".

I need a little help again, thanks.

2. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Don't worry about trying to think of something. I used to and still do get frozen up in conversations, but it's quite easy for me once I break the ice. Just ask them a simple question like where do you live, what's your job, etc. Then let the conversation flow from there. I'm still working on it, but I'm definately better than the depressed low self-esteem horrible talking loser I was last year. :o Although, I still feel like that some days, but fewer and fewer lately. :hs:

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Take a swallow of alcohol. Loosen up. Say what comes to mind. Social skills are like any other skill, you need to practice them to get good at them.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Just start a conversation by asking a question, it will always produce responses, and when your out of things to talk ask another question,and repeat that. Nothing to worry about , people won't eat you.

5. knarxed

knarxed New Member

Before, at work etc, I can talk to them easy about that stuff, thats easy. Other than that, I dont know. I actually did try it.

I don't think people like me much. When I was working at a grocery store, I don't know if it's what I say, how I say it, if I'm ugly or what. But, if I try to get out of the box a bit, the signal is annoyance/creepyness instead of conversation. People told me I look serious all the time. When I try, the lack of the responses I get make me clam right up (maybe im expecting too much?). Trust me I try to make it flow so many times, but I fuck up.

I am curious to what it is on a deeper level, like anger or what. I am the type of person that thinks greeting people with a smile, saying how you doing in an enthusiastic way is corny as hell and completely out of my character. Saying nice things to other people, giving people nice comments, same thing. Maybe thats my problem? I don't know if I will ever get normal. Fuck.

I've made a plan to not get drunk anytime in my life. I hope I don't break it. :hs:

6. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

Por que?

Sex, drugs and alcohol. Without those, life is not worth living.

7. Crackaboy

Crackaboy New Member

There is your problem :o

8. knarxed

knarxed New Member

Like no alcohol is a human "problem" :hsugh:

Puh-lease.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You can live your life perfectly without alcohol, but a more layed back Jamaican attitude is required to relax, and enjoy your conversations with other people. Having a good and cozy time > stressing yourself into talking to people. You can't force off this, many people are waaaay to tight in their bodies and need to loosen up a lot.