Too much interaction/communication?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Splak, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Splak

Splak New Member

I am curious as to how often you see and talk to your significant other. How much did you talk/see each other the first month compared to 6months, etc..

I am being told that I spend way to much time with my girlfriend and I want to compare to other people.

2. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

I have been with my girflfriend for over 1.5 years... we normally talk in the morning for 1:45 hour(phone)...afternoon if we have time for 30minutes to an hour then at night we talk on the internet or phone for 2 hours or more everyday except if shes busy w/ work or something
    if we're together then we just talk when we're not "busy" :mamoru:

our first month, we talked for just 30 minutes to an hour everday.
    by 6months it is exactly to how its been after 1.5 years.
    I guess the reason she and I talk alot is because I only see her about 2 times a week every week.odd as it may seem, a relationship works better for me that way.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Been over 8 months since we have spent a day apart, before we moved in together we would make sure to spend atleast 5 hours a day together. Now that we live together its alot more than that. When we are apart at work we usually talk for a few on the phone, meet up for lunch, then text message each other the rest of the day.

No such thing as too much time!

Edit: first month wasnt so much time together. We met up at friends houses, went on dates, things like that. After the first 2 weeks it became a regular thing. Sucks last december we had some snow storms that caused us to be apart for a few days, thats why its only been 8 months since we have not been apart from each other. If it werent for snow it would be more.

And Id like to add Im certainly not tired of her yet. Im sitting here at work looking forward to lunch so I can meet up with her again :big grin:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  4. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

5 hours a day, WOW. I'd have gone mental ...

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

maybe I have? but ifso, mental isnt as bad as they make it out to be, pretty enjoyable in fact!

6. Splak

Splak New Member

Yesterday was the first day in a month that I didn't see or talk to my girlfriend and it felt like torture.. didn't call her or anything. My friend said to not talk to her until Thursday and see if I could make it but she text messaged me and called me today so I don't think it's possible.

Some days I'll spend the entire day with her and others it will be just for 2-5 hours. I guess if we don't get sick of each other it's perfectly fine?

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Your 'friend' is an idiot

8. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

yea you're friends an idiot..ignore him its ok to talk. I dont think i've gone a day without talkining to her on purpose lol

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

sorry for the generalization then. I couldnt imagine wanting to be with someone that you dont want to spend every waking second with though. They lovey-dovey part of a relationship shouldnt ever end. I have grandparents in their 70's that are so lovey dovey, and have been all my life, that it makes people sick.

Yea, relationships are ALOT more than lovey-dovey, but if that lovey-dovey dwindles, then maybe the relationship wasnt meant to last anyways.

10. sire

sire New Member

qft***edit i did wtf on accident ahhaha

11. 0nthesp0tsgirl

0nthesp0tsgirl New Member

If you don't think you're spending too much time with your SO, then you're not. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. If you and your SO are happy with the amount you see/talk to each other, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: to an extent that's true, but also even though the 'lovey-dovey' thing shouldn't end, it should tone itself back such that you can be serious around eachother too. I think alot of people have the imbalance of either too serious, too much of the time, or too little serious, too much of the time.

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just because you want to spend every waking second with them, doesn't mean you actually do. I think all this is saying is that you have to be willing to be with the person 24/7/365 with no interruptions if that scenario becomes absolutely necessary. Like if you got trapped on a desert island you wouldn't be at eachothers throats constantly.

However, that said, you're absolutely right, there has to be some alone time; it's not healthy to not just go off on your own once in awhile.

14. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

while im over here in iraq, i call and or yahoo message almost everyday to my gf back home.

when im stateside, im still stationed down in georgia, and she lives up in minnesota... so i actually SEE her about one weekend every three weeks. we call each other allllllllllll the time then.

15. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Hehe :) I didn't mean to suggest you had, just for me I need my space every now and again, the same thing everyday would just annoy me after a little while. I need change etc. It does depend on the girl though, some are just easy to hang with, others its more difficult and I get bored real fast.