Too Few Calories?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ibanez Guy, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

I've read all the stickies and yada yada, but while watching The Biggest Loser last tuesday, I heard one of the trainers tell someone to make sure they are eating their full 1700 calories. These are big dudes and they work out like 4hrs a day there. How can 1700 calories be enough for these guys? They lose big weight every week but aren't they in starvation mode? How does this happen?

2. Plan B

Plan B New Member

They're losing muscle.

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

if everything we saw on TV was right, I'd get hot girls and have a good time by drinking Bud. I'm still waiting

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

From Lyle recent newsletter...

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Obese people can withstand a MUCH larger deficit without losing much muscle. The leaner you hard, the harder it is to lose weight without losing muscle. In hospitals they sometimes put people on 900 calories liquid diets. There was even a study which showed than obese and sedentary women GAINED muscle mass on a 900 cal liquid diet.

6. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

so from what I've read they say roughly 12 calories per pound to lose weight. If you are really big you can essentially go even lower? I mean for what I weigh, even if I ate 2000 calories a day, thats under 7 calories per pound. That seems so low. I'm going to eat more than that and track my weight and adjust accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.