MMA Tonight's event was meh

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RMarks, Feb 4, 2007.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I'm starting to get annoyed at all the bullshit they put into the PPVs. 3 hours of air time and we see 7 fights, 2 of which were a combined 33 seconds, the whole event was a little over 80 minutes of actual fighting. Yet we get to see the preview for some gay ass Jim Carey movie? Lets show about 20 more minutes of skanks though, we don't get enough of that.

I won't be paying for another event for a long time, it's just not worth it anymore. :hs:

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

very impressed with frank edgar fight...guy came out of nowhere

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

yeah, that was a damn good fight, I love watching the 155lbers go at it. They're always non stop. I'm still a little annoyed they didn't show Lyoto picking Hoger apart.

4. Suspect

Suspect .

i agree, too much bs. crowd booing is annoying as well, but what can ya do.

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

The "fans" get worse and worse every event. Bonnar vs Griffen might've been the worst thing ever to happen to the sport.

6. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Mothafuckin fight of the night right there.

7. Kuet

Kuet New Member

yea, i was kinda watching it half asses at first...then i realised...whao this is a good fight!!! .... that guy really did come outta nowhere-tyson is a VERY tough dude- and mad props to edgar for not tapping....MAD props.

8. teep

teep New Member

That knee bar had to have done alot of damage. That was insane. He wasn't even grimacing or anything. He was just chilling throwing a couple hammer fists here and there while he waited for the clock to run out. I'm pretty excited to about all this new talent in the light weight division.

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

ufc fans gotta chill out with the boos if they go 3 seconds without a knockout.
    rampage's post fight interview was the best part of the damn pay per view. pretty lack luster overall

10. friedrice

friedrice New Member

I am kinda pissed I paid for this event. If I would have know Lutter didn't make the cut there would have been no way I would have paid for it. The Tyson fight was the only fight worth watching IMO.

11. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I enjoyed it for the most part... Not any really big fights or very competitive matches (other than the pre-lim light weight fight), but still fun to watch... I am also disappointed they didn't show the Lyoto fight... I felt they wasted a lot of time after the main event and could have easily slipped in another bout before the 3 hours was up...

12. raxton

raxton .

i watched it at hooters with 3 strippers and a couple friends/. it was a good fight and a good time

13. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I was actually looking forward to the Cote/Smith fight because they were 2 guys who have shown they like to bang. After watching it though I would've definately liked to see the Lyoto/Hogar fight.