TAT tongue ring

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dvowels, Oct 23, 2007.

1. dvowels

dvowels like the letters

i took mine out a while back and lately i have been missing it a lot (especially after reading about piercings)

should i get it redone or is the scar tissue too much and i should relocate?

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

ive had my tongue redone 3 times without any problems :dunno:

3. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

I had my tongue redone a second time and it hurt less than the first time. But I took it out again probably almost a year ago because I was very sick and had bad headaches at the time and wanted to do everything to stop them.

Lately I've wanted to get it redone.

4. dvowels

dvowels like the letters

sweet thanks

5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

If youve had it a long time, theres no need to repierce. It only has to be stretched back open with a taper and jewelry re inserted in most cases. The fistula will still be there and it saves you the agony of rehealing.

6. Immo_G

Immo_G New Member

How long do you reckon before its recoverable, had mine 15 months, thinking of taking it out. Most things I've read reckon it'll heal over straight away, but the occasional one reckons its permanent.

7. bigmick

bigmick The plane takes off OT Supporter

:ugh: @ "ring"

8. audrey

audrey New Member

I do the same thing :rofl:

9. Stev

Stev Active Member

i had mine for 3 years or so, took it out for about a week or so when i got really sick and was vomiting and my tongue swelled up.

I had to push through hard, and it bled a bit, but the hole was still there, just the muscle was filling in the empty space.

10. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

Im so afraid of my tongue piercing closing up that I dont even take mine out ever. But I would say if you are missing it, get it redone.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Since ive had mine close up multiple times (i was younger though) i used to be the same way. Now im to the point where ill leave it out for up to a few hours if needed, although that is a rarity. I really have no reason to take it out. If its not in there, its usually because I broke a ball and didnt have another one on me to stick in there :dunno:

12. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

....well, I was referring to a more modest approach to getting the barbell back in. You said it yourself in so many words that maybe your technique probably wasnt the kindest. ;)

In most cases, if you have had your tongue pierced for over a year then re insertion, even after a few years of wearing no barbell at all, is possible with a professional and a gentle tapering method. In some cases, the hole is tightened down to where you may have to wear a 14g initially when you were originally a 12g but after time you can stretch gently back to your desired size. Re opening an old tongue piercing is so common, that the first question I ask when signing up a tongue piercing is if they've had it done before. If the answer is yes, it lets the piercer know to pull out a taper instead of setting up his/her entire tray for a piercing that oftentimes isnt nessessary.

13. PhotoboothRelic

PhotoboothRelic New Member

I know this is retarded, but mine, out for over a year, re-opened with just a little toothpick poking. Very little had grown back. But then, when i wore it all the time, i was fine without it for weeks, maybe months at a time with no insertion problems. All depends, but shouldn't be much of a problem.