TAT Tongue Ring question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LeftRightLeft, Aug 30, 2006.

1. LeftRightLeft

LeftRightLeft OT Supporter

Ive read the stick about time to heal.. but just wondering, if i get it done on a friday night, would i be able to goto work on Monday and speak normally??

2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Probably but you might still be sore and talk gingerly when using certain letters. Like "L"..that was my hard one. But again, everyones experience varies. Drinking lots of water, taking ibuprofen (and i mean IBUPROFEN,because it is an anti inflammatory. Tylenol (acetaminophine) is not and will not help with the swelling.) and eating soft foods during those first couple days really helps with swelling, which is going to be the source of your speech issues.

3. Immo_G

Immo_G New Member

I'd say you'd be cutting it pretty close, 3 days after i got mine done, I could talk, but some words/letters still weren't coming out right.

If its vital you can speak properly at work, I'd say probably not a good idea. If you aren't dealing with customers or having to talk all day on a phone, might be ok. I didn't load up on ibuprofen , only took 1 a day, and was still constantly sucking on ice on day 3.

4. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Ha. I survived on a steady diet of beanie weenies and chocolate pudding for the first two days. Not fun. But then I know some people who went out and ate hamburgers the next day. Again, its about individual experience. My advice? Take it really easy. Dont go tongue wrestling or ..well, do anything that requires heavy use of the tongue. Remember, your tongue is not "tissue", but a muscle. Its going to be really pissed off that you pushed metal through it and will probably swell substantially. Treat it like you would any injury you would to your muscle..lay off it, take it easy, be nice to yourself. "walk it off" is not something that applies in this situation. ;)

5. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

When I got mine done years ago, I didn't have any sort of issues talking normal. I think it just depends on the person. My wife was completely opposite and it took her a few days to talk normal again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2006
  6. MILF

MILF New Member

i was very swollen for three days couldn't say anything that had the letter s in it, and what the hell is a beenie weenie? :rofl: