TAT Tongue Ring Help

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dustin87, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Dustin87

Dustin87 The Bitchy Boi

I have had my tongue pierced for 5 days now and it is still rather swelled and sore... I have been taking motrin and mouthwashing with listerine... does anyone know when this is going to go down?

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

watered down listerine? or straight up?

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

My tongue was swollen for about a week. Do you normally use listerine, prior to having the piercing done? If not, its really not as nessessary as you'd think. With an oral piercing you really dont want to disrupt the normal ph of your mouth and by introducing alcohol based rinses when its otherwise not accustomed to something like that, you can be overdrying your mouth and possibly hindering its healing. Instead, good old sea salt mixed with warm water (diluted enough to just taste like tears, not strong) would serve you well. I can agree with Almighty Button's probable suggestion of diluting the mouthwash instead of using it straight, however, if that is preferable to you.

The Motrin or any tylenol based pain killer is a great idea for its anti inflammatory qualities. That should really help with the swelling. Drinking lots of water also helps with inflammation and dehydration, which is another cause of excessive swelling. Soft foods, limiting the use of your tongue for anything other than communication (ie: no oral, kissing, etc) will also help.

4. lowblazin

lowblazin New Member

lay off the listerine or water it down. its normal to swell for a week

5. Dustin87

Dustin87 The Bitchy Boi

Well I woke up this morning after drinking last night and it is not swelled hardly at all.