TAT tongue piercing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Lovely Atlantis, May 20, 2008.

1. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

I've been wanting to do some sort of body mod for a while now. I thought about tats but I just can't think of any design.. and it's so permanent. So I've decided on piercing instead because when/if I get bored of it I can always take it out. Also I thought tongue would be good because it is more easily concealed and subtle around more conservative company (ie: my family!). The other one I considered was nipple, but I really want to have kids and breast feed and I don't want to risk that not being possible. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my tongue pierced. The only other piercings I have are my ears that I got done when I was a toddler. I really hate needles... but I know that I'll have to deal with that for the tongue piercing. Could I take anything before hand to relax me and/or lessen the pain? Also, is there anything else I should know about risks etc? I've heard mixed info on if they damage your teeth or not... I really like my teeth and don't want to fuck them up. Any other hints or things I should know before I get it done?

Clifs- newbie to body mods- planning on getting a tongue piercing wants to know if there is anything to lessen the pain/fear and if the piercing will damage teeth. Also any other advice?

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

well stay away from you family and job and such the first few days, you will be talking like a retard till teh swelling goes down.

The nipple piercing won't hinder breastfeeding as much as you think. milk not only comes from the Nipple itself, it comes for the openings inteh areola around the nip too. and you have to scar pretty bad for the nip to close off fully.

tounge piercings can wreck your teeth if you are one of those people that will be playing with it your mouth all the time. remember you are considering putting a superflous piece of metal in you mouth, it can do damage.

As for the needle thing, close your eyes during the process and just breathe. other people may suggest have a drink a while before or take a valium. I say just breathe, relax and it's over in just a few seconds.

Also, don't think that ok, i'll get pierced and take it out and it'll be like it never happened. there may be scarring. be prepared for that.

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Also you could redo your crooked lobes. or some other ear piercing.

Have you considered your hood?

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

The scarring from a piercing is permanent.

Tongue is one of the least painful piercings. Plan on not talking properly for at least 2-3 days possibly more. The needle is not the same needle you're thinking of. You won't even recognize the needle on the piercers tool tray when he/she is setting up.

Tongue piercings CAN damage your teeth as well as erode gums on the backs of your teeth. Switching the barbell to a shorter one and possibly acrylic (if you don't have a reaction) will greatly reduce the risk of damage.

5. Lovely Atlantis

Hmm... I was told that the tongue can heal itself really well and that there would be no or minimal scaring. Also, it isn't in a place that's visible, so it's not like the scar would matter. It would close up though right? It's not like there would be an open hole forever?

I know the risk from the Nipple one is minimal... I'm just not willing to risk it right now. Plus I think I'd enjoy the tongue piercing more because more people could see it.

I'm not the least interested in a hood piercing... my friend got one and I just think it looks gross, and my hubby just said it got in the way with things and was difficult to deal with. As for redoing my lobes.. I think I've just gotten used to them. Plus, they've been there so long the hole will never heal up so it would just look weird to have two holes so close together.

I know tongue piercings CAN damage teeth... I just wonder if it's possible for them to not? If I do all the precautions such as switching to a shorter barbell and using a non metal one etc would I still be damaging my teeth?

Hmm I've never heard that the tongue is least painful... that's a bit of a relief. If I were to opt for Valium where/how would I get it?

6. whitepearl

whitepearl OT Supporter

ask for the piercing to be placed further down your tongue..that way it shouldnt touch your gums/teeth

i did that with mine and no problems for over 3 yrs now

7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:ugh: Don't get pierced.

8. SaMMy SiZZLe

SaMMy SiZZLe New Member

i've got a few piercings. honestly the tongue hurt the least. it was just a pain in the ass to eat for the first day.

cold water and ice are FTW for the next day or so after you get it done

9. Lovely Atlantis

uh what? If you're thinking I'm getting it BECAUSE other people could see it you misinterpreted my comment... I was just saying that I want to get a piercing... and I'd also like to have one that doesn't have to be hidden away from almost everyone under a bra/shirt. Or did you mean something else?

10. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I took my tongue piercing out probably 3yrs ago, and I can still put a small barbell through with a little wiggling... but I had it stretched up to a 2ga.... I didn't do any damage to my teeth, but it did wreak minimal havoc on my gums.

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

What you typed the first time and what you just typed are two totally different things. Your first comment makes it seem as if you want the piercing for people to see. If that's the case than body mods are not for you.

12. Lovely Atlantis

as I suspected you misinterpreted my comment. The piercing is for myself and no one else (well I'm sure my hubby would enjoy it too ;) ) but I do also like the fact that I can show it off to others.

13. Lovely Atlantis

sweet. Yeah that's what I heard... good to know that it worked for you. I hope it won't damage my teeth/gums.

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

which is still a pretty lame reason to get pierced... but ok.

15. Lovely Atlantis

once again that is NOT the reason I am getting pierced. But If you feel like continuing to ignore the rest of my comment fine...

16. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

:werd: it annoys the shit out of me when people flick their tongue out and click the bar on their teeth just to show it off....

17. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

For the first little while, it becomes habit, moreso because its a new peice of jewlerry inside your body.

The tongue, didn't hurt me at all. The more painfull part was the clamp they use to pull your tongue out than the needle.

As for teeth, every now and then I chomp down on the ball, it hurts and sucks, but sometimes you can't control where the ball is going to be.

Other than that, go and have fun with it! And don't get something unless its for you!

18. Lovely Atlantis

ugg yeah... that looks tacky and damages teeth! That is certainly NOT what I meant... I just meant that people might notice it and be able to see it, whereas they wouldn't with a nipple piercing.

19. Lovely Atlantis

the clamp hey? :noes:

Did you get yours switched to a shorter bar or just keep the long one? Just wondering if you still manage to accidentally bite on it with a short one...

20. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

well the clamp doesn't exactly hurt, its for them to be able to keep your tongue out and with the proper area exposed to put the needle through.

I got the shorter bar in mine, and I still manage to do it on occasion. Not like once a week or anything, once every couple months. I'm accident prone anyways. lol.

21. Lovely Atlantis

so has it caused any damage to your teeth?

22. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

No ma'am. My teeth have always been kinda f'd up anyways, crooked etc.

But I've never cracked or broke a tooth, and my gums are still fine.

The dentist even polishes the ball at the end of it when I go there for my checkups, hahaha.