TAT tongue piercing ??s

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pir8penguin, Mar 18, 2004.

1. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

I'm not going to ask if it hurts... or the healing process. From what I understand is 48 hours of ice/cold shit, 2 weeks of listerine often. I could probably cut back on the cigarettes for a couple weeks, same for alcohol. think that about covers it.

One question I have for you guys is the jewelry. What size is most common for piercing to begin with? I was thinking 10g would be a good place to start. Also, I wonder about what affect it may have on your teeth. Has anybody had problems with it messing with your teeth or causing other dental problems? Last one for now: I'm getting mixed responses about "closing up" if you take teh stud out. If you let it heal properly, is it a piercing that would close up if you took it out during the work week and wore it on the weekend?

THanks for any help!!

J

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

ditch listerine.. way to harsh, check out this stuff called Tech 2000

if you have to use listerine use it 1:4 with water

3. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

:hsugh: Yeah, thats what I was told. But I just used listerine straight anyhow.. and my piercing is healing fine :hs:

4. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

I used listerine with no probllems. gargled for two weeks after every meal and just kept an eye on it. no problems

5. garagegenius

garagegenius Guest

I didn't use any of that crap, and I smoked, and drank, and did other things, and mine came out fine... but I wouldn't suggest that. And for a long or short barbell, my barbell got shorter and shorter the bigger guage got so, I started with a 3/4 inch 12 guage and now I have a 3/8 inch 2 guage. I think it is just whatever you feel comfortable with.

6. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

Thanks for the help guys. Is it ok to START with a 10g barbell? do they still use stainless barbells (i've looked on one site and there was next to no difference in price between SS and titanium)?

ps: got a sonic as well... if i do it i could get ice from them no prob.

7. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

I started with 14 but I see no problem with 10.

I had a milkshake right after it was done to keep the swelling down. It REALLY helped.

8. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

this thread is proof that there is no one way to heal a piercing.. of course there are better ways than others to take care of a healing piercing.. but your body is gonna heal itself just fine... personally, i give all kinds of after care advice at the shop but i just dont do anything, i get some soap on it when im in the shower and thats it, i dont sea salt soak, i dont antibacterial soap wash, i dont do shit and i heal just fine

9. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

I have no clue what gauge I was pierced with. Is there anyway to find out now that the jewlry is in my mouth? It looks pretty small.

Also, I drank, smoked pot, and sucked dick nearly right after I got mine pierced. Yes, I know these are bad things, but mine still luckily healed fine. :dunno: The woman who pierced me said that only 2 people she's ever pierced have gotten an infection, and that they wern't the cleanest people. I think babying it just helps it heal faster :dunno:

10. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

probably a 14 swat

11. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

:cool: I'm hoping I'll be able to downsize in a week. It's so long it's already pissing me off :( But luckily alot of the swelling has gone down already :)

12. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

Me too, but that was almost 6 years ago and it's never been a problem. :bigthumb: