TAT Tongue Jewlery Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by swaterinater, Mar 27, 2004.

1. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Okay.. long story short.. I got fed up looking in piercing salons because none of them had a good selection, so I went to the mall and bought a tongue ring from a "Body Jewels" stand. It said it is surgical steel, so I figured theres no problem.

But! Then I come home and my sister is all "Ooo... I had to get my belly button ring out because I bought 'mall jewlery'"

And I'm thinking.. that's a load of crap.. you had to take it out because you suck at cleaning it..

But anyhoo... it's supposedly surgical steel w/ plastic balls (I wanted glow in the dark, I know, I'm a fool).. I havent put it in yet, and I want a "go ahead" before I do. Am I going to have a problem with it?

I'm going to call NEXT!, the place that pierced me in BC, too. I just like second opinions when it comes to piercings.

2. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Also, a play by play on how to change my tongue piercing would be fucking great.

3. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

"mall jewelry" is OK. As long as you clean it and keep following guidelines for taking care of a piercing, you should be fine.

changing jewelry is east, unscrew the ball off, slide the jewlery out and slide the new jewelry in. easy as pie.

be sure and use mouthwash after you do it as a preventative.

4. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

So I went down to a store.. and he's all "its not blah blah threaded".. like theo ne I had now.. and the place I called said the same shit, so I might just go buy a new one. The dude said he owned a place that makes them.. custom. Should cost about 50 bucks, but at least be quality. So we'll see. For now, I'm leavin the old one in :(

5. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

$50 for a tongue stud? :hsugh:

You can get them much cheaper than that.

You can get an internally threaded (Im assuming you have a 14ga) barbell for much $15-$20 online. Hell the place I got my externally threaded 10ga barbell $16 including tax.

6. druid

druid What do the 5 fingers say?

He said its not internally threaded, meaning its like pushing a screw thru your tongue because the thread on the crappy jewelry you bought are on the outside. A pair of cheap cbr's for your ears is one thing but I wouldn't be use cheap stuff for my tongue piercing.

7. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

This place does custom stuff. Like.. whatever you want.. exactly how you want it. It sounds pretty dope, I'm gonna check it out.

8. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

As dope as it might sound, I think you will be paying too much. I put all kinds of mall jewelry in my tongue, and I have never had an issue, personally.

9. WyteKraka

WyteKraka New Member

i dont see why u would have a problem, i have bought a lot of mall jewlery for my eyebrow and i have never had a problem. i plan on gettin sum for my tongue too. its pretty cheap too, i bought a set of 3 barbgells and 4 studs for like $15.

10. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

The problem is, with the one I bought, it's threaded the wrong way. If it wernt, I'd be wearing it right now. Because of the way its threaded, bacteria and shit can get in there.

11. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Oh, and the tongue stud I have now is also $50. The one they pierced me with.

12. Nitromike

Nitromike Abused cabbage patch kid

I've been wearing "mall jewelry" in my tounge for almost 2 years now and never had a problem with it. Take it out when you brush your teeth and clean it in Listerine if you're that worried about bacteria. $50 is way too much for a tounge stud also IMHO, you can get Ti internally threaded for almost 1/2 that.

13. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

:werd:

it gets easier with time though. took me about 40 minutes the first time it came off, to get the ball back in place.

14. Nitromike

Nitromike Abused cabbage patch kid

I never noticed the Calgary .. so ya $50 funny money is about right :big grin:

15. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

yeah, I never noticed the Calgary before, either.

16. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

actually, that puts it at about the down right good price range, depending on how "custom" the jewelry is. just based on what i've seen while i've been looking...

17. PhotoboothRelic

PhotoboothRelic New Member

I've not even had a problem with my externally threaded mall jewelry. Well, close to no problem.....I have a habit of biting down on my plastic balls, and have had a couple crack, which is no good.

Changing it isn't hard at all. Unscrew, push new barbell through, screw ball on. A bit harder if you have the safety kind that don't unscrew on top, but still, not that much of a feat.

18. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Come do it for me? :naughty: