Tokico Illumina Adjustable Shocks/Strut Sets?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by arse, Jan 24, 2007.

1. arse

arse New Member

i drive a 97 integra ls special edition that im currently beginning an overhaul on. motor, tranny, brakes, and suspension are all on the way out. so far the best deal i can seem to find on an adjustable suspensoin is the tokico

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKI...010QQitemZ200069622226QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

various searches have left me at a loss for info on the best combo for ride stability/smoothness and adjustablility. any helpful suggestoins anyone can make?

2. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

invest in some good coilovers. Megan, JIC or Tanabe all offer great coilovers for that car. Do it right the first time and have almost endless versatility.

if you can't budget them the Illumina is a good adjustable shock.

3. arse

arse New Member

what exactly is the difference in the coilover opposed to the strut shock combo

and the coilovers are all adjustable height? (stock ride included)

4. arse

arse New Member

5. Plex

Plex New Member

Coilovers give you heaight and preload adjustability, wereas springs are set at a height... and you COULD cut them (people, please lets not debate this now) to mkae it lower... but then you cant raise it back up (say, if you were to go on a roadtrip or something)

Personally... if I had a Honda I'd get coilovers. They're just too fucking expensive for my car (AE86)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Greddy-Type-S-Suspension-Coilovers-Toyota-AE86-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107061QQihZ015QQitemZ250071375526QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V