MMA Toehold > me

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by xinster, Jan 20, 2007.

1. xinster

xinster New Member

Some jackass who's got maybe like 5 years of experience and 30+ pounds on me decided to pop my ankle with a toehold yesterday, so now i sit here, being helpless. I watched the entire first season of the office (us vesrion) and children of men. I also invented a cheapo's alternative to ice. I just dip my foot in a bucket of cold water, take it out, and let that shit evaporate the heat out. Yeah, i'm that cheap.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

tap early to those.. ive cracked a few ankles with those too actually. not my fault though, people just dont like to tap to leglocks. ice and take a little time off. youre ankle will most likely be fine

3. xinster

xinster New Member

i had absolutely no time to tap

4. Optamix

Optamix New Member

One of the instructors(of all friggin'people) popped mine. I never had a chance to tap. Hes a brown belt and has about 20lbs on me. I went to tap when I felt him grab it and then pop and it felt like my ankle was on fire.

I've had mine popped 3 times though(2 by ankle locks, one was my fault, I was trying to fight it and one because I fell on it wrong rolling with a 280lbs guy). My ankle will never be the same. It always feels weak.

5. xinster

xinster New Member

im hoping i will recover without any longterm damage with ice and rest

6. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

holy shit dude, sorry to hear bout that. I fuckin fear leg/ankle locks for that reason. Whenever we train it at my dojo, i get nervous as hell, but people at my place are usually cool with that kinda stuff.

Hope you get better soon mang, I just had my elbow pop outta place a few weeks ago and it wasn't very fun :o Good luck on your recovery!!!

7. Optamix

Optamix New Member

blah, elbow stuff sucks too. 6 months in physical therepy from whenm I tore my rotator cuff from an arm bar gone wrong.

I was in his guard and I was trying to pass. I got caught in a triangle so I postured up and he pulled my arm down so I was in a triangle arm bar. I stood up and tried to twist out of it but couldn't get out. As I was taping I lost my balence and fell forward. He tried to let go but my arm got pined on the ground(as he fell backwards, he was on his shoulders) and it was just like he was still holding it. Both of our weight went on top of it and it popped.

That was the worst injury ever. Later that night I had to go to the ER. I was in tears. rotator cuff damage SUCKS.

He felt so bad but it wasn't his fault. It was complelty random that my arm hit the ground in such a way that it was like I was still in the arm bar.

I still need surgery to completly fix the damage to my rotator cuff(it gets irritated really easily) but I don't have medical insurance. :noes: