SRS today was my day in court

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RedZ71, Jul 10, 2008.

1. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

well, im now officially divorced as of 930 this morning.

ive not felt one inkling of depression in a month, but today, im feeling fairly shitty. ive had 0 contact with my exwife, save yesterday afternoon when i scheduled with her to meet her to exchange the last bits of items that belong to her or belong to me. im meeting her today at her apartment at 6pm, and i intend to make it as brief as i can possibly make it, i wont care to discuss anything other than legal and business.

ive been so strong for myself lately, i just cant see where this came from. i suppose the finality of it all is what brought it, the shame that we let such a good thing go to waste. i sat in the courtroom with my attorney and at least 10 other divorce cases came up before mine. i felt sorry for the judge, what a shitty job to have to sever marriages all day long. only 2 couples actually showed up, all the rest (myself included) were just one spouse, and i assume the respondent just signed the court waiver.

ive been seeing a girl the past 3 weeks. she's really nice and intelligent, and i absolutely look forward to the next time we see each other, and im always delighted to answer the phone when she calls. but when we kiss, i dont feel the exploding fireworks. her lips are so unbelievably soft and i cant resist stealing kisses, but im wondering if im not feeling it because im still getting over my ex. right now i dont feel any desire to speak to, or take care of or provide for my ex at all, i can barely remember her face or the sound of her voice.

however, after all ive been thru, just meeting a woman who likes talking to me, going out with me, kissing me, is truly a relief. makes me not feel quite do damaged.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

i just went through this same thing just over a month ago. it gets better with time. i felt very weird the first time i slept with a different person other than my wife. it's gotten better though.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well i guess you have to take it one day(step) at a time. Sometimes we have to do necessary things that aren't likeable. But that time will pass and then you can fully focus and work on having a new life and wife.

4. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

i feel your pain bor....ive known for awhile that we were probably getting a divorce but the other night made it official...now i have to go through a 60 day waiting period and wait for my wife to send me the papers..no need for us to go to court though

still...its been a rough past few days

5. RedZ71

well the meeting with my ex was probably less than 2 minutes. i tried to observe as little as possible about her, but my belongings that she returned to me, came out of the borrowed car she is still driving (thus, she didnt buy a car like she said she was going to). we didnt converse about anything, and the only words were really me telling her that her name is now legally what it was previously, and that as soon as her copy of the final decree arrives, she needs to take it straight down to the drivers license office and get her license (uh... driving permit) updated. i also told her im still getting all her mail, and reminded her that its her responsibility to go to the post office and change her address.

i wasnt looking forward to the meeting, but i guess it was as painless as possible.

6. RedZ71

i posted a month or so ago, that i got laid off from my job ive been at for 8 years. not long after i got back from my divorce court appointment this morning, my prospect called me to tell me i have won the position, and they want me to start in a week. my raise over my last job is modest (3.5k), but it takes up the slack of the raise i was about to recieve from my supervisor this summer. and its a linux datacenter admin job, the job i have been dreaming of for 9 years!!! i cant wait to start.

im also moving into a new apartment here on the 26th. this complex that im in is really really nice, and even tho i can afford it without problem, i have a 3rd bedroom thats no longer in use. i found a 2br (one for my computers; i also moonlight as a consultant so i have a fairly built-up setup), with a 2car(TRUCK!) attached garage. as much as i hate to turn loose of this 3br i have now, im really looking forward to the new beginning for my life that will come with my new apartment. my new apartment is really really cool. its townhome style, so only my 2nd bedroom has someone living above it (ill explain). there is a staircase that goes up to the front door, and then as you enter, there is a door and stairs that go down into the very large garage (which i will have no trouble storing my 2 trucks and all my equipment in). as you enter the front door, there is immediately a staircase going up, into the living room, with the 2nd bedroom right off there. then its up about 4 steps, into the kitchen and dining room area. then its up 4 more stairs, into the master bedroom.

ive got my movers scheduled.... so soon ill have my life changed out and ready to renew!

**edit** OH... and my new job and new apartment... are within 4 blocks of each other! ill be filling my truck up once a month!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  7. mooses

mooses OT Supporter

Congrats man! That really sounds great. You are definitely headed in the right direction, I can tell you are excited :bigthumb:

8. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

This will be a great clean slate opportunity for you :)