SRS Today sucked.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ledzep73, Oct 17, 2005.

1. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Today driving home from work the minivan I let get in front of me was hit by another car, flipped on its side, and slide across the road. I missed it by 2 feet, tops. I saw kids bouncing in the backseat, and I know there is no way in hell the driver made it. I was right behind this minivan for 2 miles, and I saw some kids life get ruined.
    My mother also told me she doesn't want me living here anymore, she is bi-polar and I have no idea what set her off. Today has sucked.
    I had to tell someone, Im a very reserved person and I don't really plan on telling my friends why I don't really want to do anything, but I didn't really want to keep this to myself. My friends really don't know me at all.

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

dude that sucks

how old are you?

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

17, but Im not really you average 17 year old kid. I go to college full time, pay for it myself by working 30+ hours a week. This isn't the first time my mother had me leave the house, when I was 16 I stayed at friends houses for about 6 months.

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

ouch

what's the possibility of living on-campus?

when you're in school, you need to be able to focus on school, an unstable home situation is not very conducive to that (i speak from experience)

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I can't afford it, even at community college.

My fathers coke addiction fucked up alot of this year already, and I am happy to have C's, when you take everything into account.

6. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

what about student aid? or social services? or one of the various agencies?

7. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

this will make you laugh - my mother and her lesbian lover are both superviors in social work. As much as I hate her, I can't make he loose her job. I might be able to get student aid next semester, but not this one. There is alot of paperwork I would have to do because the fact my mother has a decent job and could afford to help me, but doesn't.

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

where do you live? in canada, they will reject you for student aid based on parental income, but you just have to send in a form saying they refuse to help

also, and this may sound a little underhanded, but perhaps tell your mother to push through something to get you enough aid to live on campus and away from her in exchange for you not ratting her out

9. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

She is high enough on the chain that I probally can't make her do anything, or I would try that. It is alot of paperwork here to prove that I am independant and in need of aid. I have to show proof that I support my self with bills and whatnot. Really, Im pretty much fucked untill July when I am 18 and can move out and get my own place.

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

if its just paperwork, why arent you doing it right now?

and as for high on the chain, im sure calling social services because your father's a coke-fiend and your mother is neglecting you in favor of her lesbian lover would be damaging enough to get her in hot water

11. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

the higher on the chain, the more impeccable they have to appear to be

12. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Im not doing paperwork now because most of the things I have are in my mothers name, and I pay her each month for them, so I can't get aid that way (I've been looking at other ways.) Anyone I report my mother too is under my mother, or her 'wife,' so who will they belive? I really am pretty much screwed for the next 9 months. Im not to worried about this whole getting kicked out deal, I've got friends I can stay with untill she stops being stupid and bi-polar. Besides, even if I do report her it would cause alot of problems with my younger sisters, my mother actually takes care of them. Really my problems are that I have no real friends, I don't trust anyone, I smoke too much, I have become so apathetc towards everyhing that it has become dangerous, and thats really jut scratching the surface. Seeing some dudes head smeared along a road is the first thing in a year or so that actually got an emotion out of me. That is more of a problem than my cokehead father, and my fucked up mother.

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you're partially correct, however (speaking from similar experience) getting out on your own is EXACTLY what you need most

and there ARE people you can report to who arent under your mother's thumb

but, ultimately, your life is your own, and its your responsibility to fix it (regardless of who's fucked it up)

so i offer you my sympathies, and if you ever need any help figuring out a plan of action/escape, let me know

14. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I've lived this way for a few years now, 9 more months isn't going to kill me, not before crazy drivers that flip minivan at least.

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

i said that same thing, yet it nearly did

good luck though, i hope it doesnt take you too long to straighten out the mess in your head

think of it this way though... 9 more months is 9 more months enforcing your issues, and 9 less months that could be spent working through them

16. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Yeah, you are probally right. Thanks for talkin to me last night, it was good to vent to a random person.

17. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

anytime :bigthumb:

but seriously, start actively pursuing your independance now. every day makes a difference, you wont believe how much better you feel when you're on your own and not dealing with that crap from your parents