SRS Today, more than ever I felt like ending my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Chickenbum, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Chickenbum

Chickenbum TOTW Winnar & Fav '06 ;)

Today and this week has been horrible for me.

Apart from things that happend a few weeks ago (GF Breaking up with me, Mother attempting suicide) This week i have hurt my back, caught a cold and i have an acne outbreak on my head.

I weighed up my options today and it was a really really viable option, obviously thus far i havent done it, but it made so much sense about an hour ago...

2. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

g/fs come and go, mom is acting as an attention whore, ease up on the heavy lifting, wear a sweater, acne is common especially during stressful times.

Don't worry man, this will pass. Life can suck and it kicks everyone in the ass, but it will always beat the alternative. Find enjoyment where ever you can, no matter how simple it is.

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

dude, everything happens for a reason, you need some time off. Take a vacation. Take a hammock to the beach and enjoy nature. Smoke some herb.

Life is what you make of it.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Stop looking at life with a pessimistic outlook. Is an acne outbreak really something you want to kill yourself over? Most of the stuff you are talking about is stuff we all go through. I've been sick for 4 weeks now with allergies, and I have an aching pain in both my thighs. The difference, however, is that I see the light at the tunnel while you stare at the darkness.

I'll leave you with a little proverb that helped me get through some shitty times. I don't remember who shared it with me here, but he knows who he is.

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

5. Chickenbum

Thank you, that is awesome:bowdown:

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Dude no girl is worth taking your life over

7. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

You should see my forehead, you would have killed yourself if you were me.

I'm just kidding man. You need to go out there and play the field, not to be gay but I remember your picture and you're not too bad looking.

Did you hurt your back lifting?

8. Chickenbum

hurt it jogging, landed flat foot a couple times and jarred my lower back

9. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

hey bro. this week has been shit for me as well

got hit my a drunk driver sat night who has no insurance.
    tire blew on my mercedes yesterday while drivign and dented my 1200 dollar rim.
    and I'm low on funds.

shit happens bro. go hang out with your friends, look at the positives instead of focusing on the negatives.

feel good, as I just used my 1000'th post on you.

10. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Just keep moving forward. Everyone has their bad days, even bad weeks, but you just gotta think positive. EVerything happens for a reason. I've been having a bad week myself. I'm exhausted, been catching a cold, and I haven't gotten a day off work for the past 2 wks. Not to mention I just started this job and it's driving me crazy! But, I just keep looking forward to my first paycheck at the end of this week! :big grin:

11. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I have a completely different outlook on life now, than I did 10 years ago. I wanted to commit suicide when I was 16, like on my birthday or some crazy shit. I lived my life up to that point, like I knew when I was going to die. I wasn't goth or anything, in fact I was friends with all types lol. I met a friend online of all places that lifted my ass back up and basically changed the way I saw it. I know this doesn't entirely relate, but you may feel this way today, tomorrow, next week, but then it'll be fine if not better after that. Take the time you need to heal, but don't become destructive.

Hell I say I wanna die by the time I'm 60, but I bet when I'm 59, it'll be different lol.

12. Animall0versist

Animall0versist New Member

*hugs* things will get better

13. Jake!

Jake! Guest

14. Chickenbum

:sadwavey:

15. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I'm going through a rough period of time myself. Struggling to wake up to go to a job I hate, to pay off a house I am desperate trying to sell so I can move on with my life in another city/state/country... it's a huge struggle. But I know I'm not alone out there. :hs: really trying to hold it together here as I sit at the computer in my tiny cube, doing meaningless work.

16. ziptnf

ziptnf huh?

:hug: it will be okay, man

17. Airclair

Airclair New Member

18. Chickenbum

dude are me and you the same person?

sounds like we have more in common than you think...

19. Japanophile

Japanophile Guest

Think of the children in North Korea. They have it way worse than you'll ever, and yet they don't consider suicide.

20. 00600

00600 New Member

As long as you haven't murdured anybody, there is still hope.

Life is a SERIOUS BITCH!

But ya know what? Each time you take that step up, it makes the next one easier.

The donkey in the well is a GREAT analogy.

If you want to feel better about your life, read my post about broken homes.

Everyone wants to give up at some (sometimes several) point in their life, but there is always someone out there who is going through shit worse than you, and they haven't given up yet.

21. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

:cool: story about the donkey. We all can apply this to ourselves during troublesome times. Life's not always peachy, it tends to throw a wrench in the gears. It's up to us to pull out the wrench and get things going again.

:hug:

22. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

I have thoughts like that too at times when life seems worthless but its nothing too serious.. you'll get over it.

I always asking myself a few things..
    - whats after life? probably nothing.. absolutely nothing! You die, and thats it. Anything is better than nothing! Death will happen for everyone one day.. you wont be missing out!
    - whats tomorrow going to bring? next week? next year? 10 years done the line? things change.. you just got to wait it out and see.
    - how will it affect the people you know?
    - why are there so many bums still alive and not killing themselves? things could be worst!
    - and last but not least.. is this really that bad?

23. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Mental pain is a pain far greater than any physical pain. We are so used to anesthetizing our physical pains that we lose the ability to cope with them, and this is where the problems with depression come in. Depression and other mental pains aren't only problems with our way of thinking, there is a definite physical element to it. When I'm depressed, I feel depressed. I lack the energy to do anything more than sit and stare. There's no way to just "snap out of it" any quicker than there is a way to "snap out" of a headache.

I was watching a show on the History channel ("Taboo") which had a segment about a ritual in which people impale themselves with dozens upon dozens of hooks and other objects, yet do not bleed and feel no pain because of their mental focus on a higher power. That says a lot right there.

Quick Fix = Short Term Relief = Long Term Damage

24. Schadenfreude1

Schadenfreude1 New Member

You're still making this stuff about you. You have to accept you can't control other people, and their actions do not reflect on your worth as a person. Be available to your mother, and support her during this difficult time. As far as the woman, there are millions available. Yes, i know the last one was "just so perfect". No. The traits you projected on her were perfect. The reality is she was not much different from all of the other owmen in the world. Find a new one.