SRS today is my dad's birthday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tetsuo, Dec 1, 2007.

1. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

:wtc: today is the first birthday i haven't been able to talk to my dad to tell him happy birthday and that i love him. he died 3.5 months ago, and today we scattered his ashes on his farm he loved so much. part of me can't believe that its been so long since he passed away, and part of me remembers talking to him and the phone call from my mom so vividly i could swear it was yesterday.
    not really sure why i'm posting this here, but i guess part of it is to thank you guys for some helpful replies in the thread i made when he died, part of it is to encourage others going through the same thing that it does get easier (i can't say it gets better cause i still miss him like crazy:hsd: ), and part of it is that i just need to tell someone.

so, happy birthday, dad, you were a hell of an example and i just hope that i can be half the man that you were. i love you and miss you more than i ever could say:sadwavey:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

3. AtoorayasGrl

AtoorayasGrl New Member

It does get easier, but you will never forget that day that it happened. My mom's birthday was November 14th and she would've been 61. She passed away on August 31st of this year...so not too far apart from your dad. What matters is that you did something nice on your dads birthday. It is ok to cry and let it all out once in a while. Remember you're not all alone, and at least your dad didn't suffer for too long. My mom was unfortunate on that part. I wish you and your family all the strength and love you can get...especially during the holiday season. :sadwavey:

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This thread made me cry. :wtc:

How is your mom at the moment? :hsd:

5. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

This thread made me well up a little bit. My grandpa died a little less than a month before his birthday this year, and it was so strange not to be able to call him and wish him a happy birthday. It also really hit me around that time as well.

:hug:

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Me too. :wtc:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hang in there man :hs:

7. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

all day today i was feeling guilty about not appreciating my dad enough, and not really showing him what he means to me.

i really needed to read this...

thanks. :wtc:

8. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

This thread made me cry. :wtc: :hug:
    I'm sorry for your loss, but i'm glad you did something for him on his birthday.
    It's important for closure, in my opinion.

:hug::hug::hug: