Toast or iTunes alternative for burning CDs?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Schwizzle, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Schwizzle

Schwizzle New Member

I'm still a fairly infrequent user of the Mac but I really want to switch over. One of the things keeping me on the PC is that Roxio Easy CD/Media Creator has better options for burning a CD on Toast, or as far as I can tell. I like to crossfade certain songs and also I like to add a fade-in/out effect when I add a live song to a compilation CD so it's not so abrupt starting/ending. Anyone have any good suggestions? It just seems that Roxio Toast is so different than Roxio Easy Media Creator, other than the obvious Mac vs. PC platform. As an additional note, Nero also has a Normalizing function as well, so that'd be a plus.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Normalize from what I hear when I listen to mp3s that have had that done don't seem to sound as good.
    If the audio is over modularized then using the normalize can help but it still sounds over modularized to some degree.

Try looking here for a different burning software, at least for starters
    http://www.versiontracker.com/mac/osx/audio/rip-burn

3. Schwizzle

Schwizzle New Member

Excellent. Looks like there's several options available I can try. I'll see if any of those work for me. Thanks!

4. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

5. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

look into a burning app called "burn"
    i think its' free too.

6. Schwizzle

Schwizzle New Member

I've been to that site, but from what I could tell at the time, it didn't offer the crossfade or transition functions. At least it wasn't mentioned. Although completely useless, the whole "smoke" while burning a CD thing is pretty cool. I haven't actually downloaded and tried it out yet. I guess that ought to be my first step!