to those that ordered the powerball

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kronik85, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

how long did it take you to get it? i know nothing about the shipping for this company and was wondering if i'll see it next week or next year.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

what is powerball?

3. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

4. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

holy shit wtf :rofl: :rofl:

what happens if you drop it? does it go soaring off into space?! :rofl: :rofl:

check out the videos, the guys are going crazy trying to hold that thing.

5. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

i think grouch should order one of these and make a video of it at full rpms and him just holding it still.

6. houseofdon

houseofdon Simplify Moderator

One of my buddies in the dorms was a baseball pitcher (got drafter by the Indians) and he always used one. Kind of a cool little gadget.

7. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

holy shit i want one!

can someone explain to me how this thing works? no motor no battaries??

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  8. Initial E

Initial E New Member

oh god, here we go again

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

:rofl: :rofl: I suck at those things. I cant get them to spin for shit. :wtc:

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

11. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i just got mine from REI... it's like the bottom-of-the-line model, though... no RPM counter or any of that cool shit

12. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

i dont understand... how does this shit work??

13. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

it's a gyro... the faster it spins, the harder it is to control, pretty much

once you get it going, it takes a good amount of effort not to drop it/have it run wild

14. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

15. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

lol at the flying into space comment.... no if you were to toss is up in the air it would wobble an inch or so ina few directions before you caught it.

the idea is pretty simple, your hand movment makes the internal "motor" spin faster which therefore creates more force.

"
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You set this rotor in motion using a cord or your finger and build its speed by subtle rotation of the wrist. It contains no motor or no batteries. All of the energy which we describe below comes from you dear reader and the stronger you are, the faster you will be able to make your Powerball spin! (Do you think you've got what it takes to break the current world powerball spin record?)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...and the faster you spin the inner rotor the more inertia it generates and the more resistance it subsequently inflicts upon the fingers, hands, wrists, arms and shoulders.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All sounds basic enough I hear you say?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In theory, it's quite a basic principle (the principle of precession - those magical forces emitted by a fast spinning flywheel) but in practice, it's an entirely different matter and one which has been responsible for the worldwide explosion in demand for hand gyro products - millions have been sold during the past 24 months alone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...and there are all manner of them out there at the moment - ranging in price from the cheap and cheerful (mass produced gyroscopes which cost less than US$10.00) to the superlative hand built Powerball range of products which we are offering here in their 250Hz format - the fastest and most perfectly balanced hand gyro range on earth - capable of reaching speeds in excess of 15,000rpm all powered simply by your own hand![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These unique instruments generate massive force and put the shoulders, arms and wrists of the user under big pressure - making them ideal for fitness enthusiasts and virtually every kind of sport imaginable. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And in addition[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], because the inertia (or gyroscope resistance) generated within the Powerball is directly proportional to the speed at which you are spinning the rotor - these precision instruments are just as capable of gently rehabilitating a damaged limb (wrist breakage, carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI, tendonitis, tennis elbow, golf elbow etc.) as they are at building huge muscle in the arms and shoulders - its a completely non impact form of exercise and is all about rotor speed."[/FONT]

16. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

I'm thinking about buying one, but are they really that cool? or is it something you try a few times and then never really fuck with.

17. seanjohn

seanjohn i like to lurk, so DIAF OT Supporter

if i had one, id use it more than a few times a week just because it is there.

i think it would be better just to buy it locally because it is just cheaper even before the S&H comes into play.

18. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

where could you buy one at?

19. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

the quality of these are pretty unparalleled. but back to my original post...

has anyone bought one from powerballs.com? how long did it take? btw, you can use a 25% coupon thing, it's "PCGameworld". worked for me.

20. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

hey so you just put in "PCGameworld" in the promo code and got 25% off?

21. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

yup. my comment was like "PCGameworld loves power balls"

22. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

i want the 350 Hz one

23. Grouch

Grouch Guest

whats the difference in the Hz? Max speed or weight or something?

24. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Flawlessly finished in a magnificent mirror-chrome, this remarkable gyroscope offers the serious Powerball enthusiast a spin experience like absolutely no other.

At almost twice the weight of the Neon or 250Hz models, the 350Hz Metal exerts an extraordinary force on the arm and wrist and will test even the fittest player.

(Imagine getting the head of a sledgehammer and spinning it in your hand at a modest 5000rpm..you'll quickly get the idea of what we are talking about here!)

Initial 350Hz Metal Powerballs will be shipped with a silent running but very high density metal composite rotor (such is its mass, even Akis has struggled to exceed 12k) - a lower density but fully blown 'screamer' rotor will ship soon after and promises potential speeds in excess of 20k (with the sounds to match!) and some serious Powerball action in the Top100 board!

These superlative 350Hz products are supplied with a full compliment of replacement components to help you maintain their silky smooth performance indefinitely - the sphere has been precision engineered to allow it screw apart at the centre for easy access to the internals.

And when we say 'flawless chrome' finish...we mean flawless!

25. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

ya but isn't that the $100 one =P fuck that, plus it "screams"? is it designed to make noise or is it supposed to just be a side effect of the motor inside.. i got the neon blue pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.