MMA To the bjj, and grappler guys

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by DOHChi, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

What a fucking moron for holding onto the guillotine.

Rogen was right. If you look at his right arm, it has a similar effect to the arm triangle. Plus he had the leverage because instead of using his right arm to create distance, he instead held onto a nullified guillotine like a complete dumbass.

The second video only uploaded halfway for me btw.

(sorry if this makes no sense, I just got all my wisdom teeth removed and am drugged up like crazy)

3. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

Rob Kahn did a seminar 2 weeks ago and showed us that same move. Everyone is using it now from side control, it works really well. I almost went to sleep because of it last night.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

its like an arm triangle, but i have never seen it done like that before. pretty cool.

you shoudl never hold onto the guillotine like that though

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Anyone who does that against a decent grappler is essentialy begging the other person to armbar them or give them the kimura.

6. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

wow, that move is pretty sweet

i'll have to use that against the noob head squeezers

7. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

Or wasting a shitload of steam they'll wish they had later in the fight

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

If anyone ever does that to you guys, another easy thing to do is the papercutter choke or trap their other arm with the windshield wiper. If you guys don't understand either of those let me know and ill explain it.

9. turdburglar

turdburglar chicken curry with naan

10. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Ok

Papercutter:

The guy's head is to your right like in the vid.

Right forearm is over his throat and left hand is either grabbing his gi by his right shoulder or grabs under the same shoulder if it is no gi.

Left arm is the difficult part to describe so I'll try to make it make sense. Your upper arm (the part with the bicep and tricep) is flush to the side of your body. Your lower arm (forearm) is making a 90 degree angle with your upper and is going directly under your lower stomach. Your hand is under his shoulder and armpit. If it is gi you grab for the lapel by the neck and if it is no gi you grab high on the shoulder towards the anterior deltoid.

The left hand is grabbing hard and creating tension. Your right forearm acts as a papercutter on his neck. It is very effective as not only a submission, but also a setup for armbar or kimura by freeing his arms.

Windshield wiper:

You are in the same position as the guy in vid.

Bring your right forearm accross his face so that you are forcing him to look away from you (to his right).

Two things will usually happen, both having the same result. One, he brings his left arm up to block away your arm in which case you trap his left arm (at the bicep, not forearm!) under your upper right shin. Two, he resists it knowing you are setting something up in which case you go to papercutter because he is hiding his arm, go for mount or knee on stomach, or his arm is sticking out and you drag your right knee from his stomach to his clavicle which should leave his left arm open where you trap it like above.

From there your legs are going to perform a winshield wiper motion. In doing that you are switching the control of his left upper arm from your right upper shin to your left upper shin.

After you accomplish this you will post your right leg up in something like a 150 degree angle and sit back so almost all of your weight is around his shoulder.

If he lets go of the guillotine and turns in on you go for the armbar, kimura, americana, or darsee on the right arm.

Again sorry if what I said makes no sense. I'm drugged up like crazy from the wisdom teeth. Anymore questions let me know.