SRS to smoke, or not to smoke?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ApathyAsylum, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

about a month ago i quit smoking cigarettes and i have any cravings to do so, except for every once in a while my lungs will really start to ache from all the tobacco (i've tried quiting before and i using started again just cause it made my lungs stop hurting). Anyway, i don't want to start smoking again because i feel a lot better without them, it sure makes jogging suck a lot less, but i really miss smoking. smoking a cigarette really helped me relax when i was stressed. i don't really want to pick smoking back up again but i keep thinking that if i buy ultra lights i can still have my cigarettes to relax and it suck the life out of my lungs as much. suggestions?

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

stay quit... ultra lights no matter how light will still fuck you. your lungs are detoxing right now. as it was explained to me by a doctor, when you quit smoking your body realises its no longer taking in toxins so it starts getting rid of all the toxins that smoking has left in it. the detox can be crazy for your body but ultimately it all goes away and you are better off for it. the reason your lungs feel better when you start smoking is because the body realises its again absorbing toxins and no longer tries to get rid of what it already has.

its the same reason i cough all the time when i go on vacation from Los Angeles to somewhere with better air quality...

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

well, light cigarettes have proven to be no less harmful than any other kind of cigarettes.

cravings are a strange thing-the go just as certain as they come-unless you light up again. Then, you have the same craving feeling you already did, with the added bonus of nicotine back in your system to get addicted to. I would suggest you re-read your post after the craving has passed, it really doesn't make any logical sense to do.

I quit smoking over a year ago, and i still think of it. But i would rather think of it than be addicted again.

4. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

I think you'd just end up smoking twice as much to get the amount of nicotine (and therefore tar) that you crave. Light cigarettes are merely a more expensive and inefficient way to get the same amount nicotine and lung damage.

5. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Do you know that you could have lung cancer right now and have no symptoms whatsoever? How are you going to relax when the doctor says, " I don't like the look of the x-ray, we need to run some more tests."
    Please, please find another way to relax.

6. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

i caved last night at a party and had a camel light :wtc: i feel bad that i caved but after one puff i tossed it and went back to heavely drinking, its been so long since i've had a cigarette that actually smoking made my neasious. while it sucks that i caved i feel better about quiting because after smoking a puff i have no real desire to start again.

:hugot: