To small a computer case?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mephisteus, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Mephisteus

Mephisteus The Meph

I recently bought some extra memory (512 DDR), an extra harddrive (120GB maxtor) and a 3d card (GeForce 6800).

Now the card fit in without a lot of trouble, but in order to fit the memory in, the card had to be removed so the clamps (if you call them that) could open (the card was in the way). That wasnt to much of a problem either, now, different problem.

The harddrive could only go on one spot (if I wanted to make sure it was locked tight, which I did). Problem, the video card was there! And that could also go on one spot. Dilemma... Ended up making an extra hole for the screw inside the case :p Now it is truely completely full. Might have to buy a new case soon :(

Comming to that, any tips on whats a good case and whatsnot?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I have an Antec SX1040 that is completely full, too. All bays are taken, and I even have a harddrive laying on the bottom of the case not-secured to anything...

I really should change that :p

Personally, I'm looking at the Coolermaster CMStacker, or the Silverstone TJ-06. Maybe a LianLi V2000, but I'm leaning towards the Stacker or TJ-06.

3. Mephisteus

Mephisteus The Meph

I'll check em out :)