To sell or not to sell? (Corrado)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris87, May 7, 2005.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

I've had my '93 corrado for about 1.5 years. I love the looks of it, but I don't particularily love driving it. It handles great, but its still kind of a pig. It's a show car winner, but does need a bit of love (new paint + front windshield). Just to get it mint again is going to cost me at least $3000. It will still be a slow car (in a straight line), and until I can turbo that VR6 correctly ($10k+) I'm not touching the engine. I need something faster. :o

I should be able to sell it for what I paid for it. If I sold it, I would be left with many possible options:

1)Finally swap in an h20 engine into my westfalia. The van is mint already, and with a new engine, and some wheels, it will be in magazines.

Also, even with the van swap, I'll still have money left for a new fun "fast car" project.

Keeping in mind:I have a VW 4x4 syncro system sitting here. I also have a 1.8T 20v engine, and an 8v Callaway Turbo engine.

Other options i'm thinking about right now:

2) Mk2 Jetta coupe w/ 1.8T and mod the hell out of it. I can get a coupe for under $1500. Should run 12's.

3) Fork out $2000-$3500 for a decent Rabbit Truck, 1.8T it, and maybe do the syncro swap also. Would be very unique, and could be very quick. The leaf springs in the back aren't gonna help out in the corners though. :o

4)Buy a cheap POS 1G talon for under $3000, gut it, mod it, and make a full out race car. Should run 12's

5)Buy a cheap POS E30 BMW for $3000 or less and do the same... Gut it, cage it, mod it... race car. It ain't gonna run 12's. I've always been a fwd guy, but something rwd would be a real nice change.

Any other 'fast car' I purchase will probably not be my daily driver. It will all depend on how much I gut it... Keep in mind, I'll now have my westy for daily use.

Picture of the corrado:
    [​IMG]

Very old picture of the van. I'll probably put on some AMG monoblock's or R170 SLK 5 stars or something.
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? :hsd:

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  2. cosmec

cosmec New Member

Ditch the van, turbo the corrado.

3. Chris87

Never. I've had that van since long before I could even drive. I'll never sell it. I'd only get $5-6000 for it anyways, even though there's about 4x that amount into it.

4. m5am

m5am New Member

Give me the Syncro Setup... NOW! ;) I dunno thats a tough call but sell the corrado, build a mk2 or mk1 1.8t or turbo VR. that will satisfy your need for speed. I have lately been contemplating taking on a huge project that might turn into a failure, but I think it can be done....

5. Chris87

I'm so torn. :o

I autocrossed the 'rado yesterday and although the engine is not in tip-top running condition right now (re: sensors), Only 2 cars (without R tires) were faster than me. And all weekend when running errands around the city, I get nothing but stares. There's only a handful of them in mytown. :hs:

I could also 1.8T the corrado, but then I wouldn't have my van up and running.

6. MC Hammer

MC Hammer OT Supporter

Put the syncro in the corrado , my boy has one with a 16v turbo , fun car , and now peloquin makes diffs for the front and rear.

7. Chris87

Meh. We were thinking about doing it, but its been done so many times already by people, and although it would be great for the winter up here, its not going to gain me much more performance.

8. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Keep the Corrado. It's hawt! Ditch the van.

9. Tenzin

Tenzin Guest

Pimp the van. What a gem!!

10. Ice Rado

Ice Rado New Member

yah don't ditch the rado...its no pig...have u driven other cars?...the rado definitely doesn't feel heavy...try driving a jetta/passat now thats pigish...either way all the other cars ur going for are super light...so they won't handle awesome w/ all the weight in the front...but awd + rad0 = teh win...try it if u don't like it u could sell it for all u put into it

11. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

keep them both!! :bigthumb: or just send the van to me!!

12. htown

htown New Member

Don't sell! The car looks nice..