SRS to friendzone, or not to friendzone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by big 1, Oct 3, 2006.

1. big 1

big 1 New Member

Ive been "online dating" this guy for a few weeks now. We "meet" online at specific times and chat for hours. I want to meet him in person because he sounds really nice. We have alot in common. I am hesitant to tell my friends about my "online bf" because none of my friends have tried online dating. He asks me things like what i want in a partner, and hes flirty with me, buit hes also educated and sweet.
    He has a job that he works 4 days on, 4 days off and so sometimes he is sporadically online/offline. I want to continute our realitonship further, but if hes not really online unless we "plan" to chat, there isnt much opportunity for me to "ask him" out.
    1. Should i just friendzone him and move on, cus online dating is unconventional?
    OR
    2. should I casually ask him for us to meet in person? if so, what do i say?

PS. im a female and ive never met a guy from offline, and ive never had to "ask a guy out" that ive never met???

2. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

ill put it this way to answer part of your question. if it werent for aggressive girls, i would never have had sex, and maybe never had a girlfriend. :o

3. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

big1, meet him as a friend for now. generally online expectations aren't realistic, but one never knows. I wouldn't tell anyone until you see what comes of it.

4. big 1

big 1 New Member

I think you should give your ex a real chance. He seems like he really loves you and although he fucked up in the past, he wants to make it up to you :bowdown: :wiggle: :hsd:

5. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

You don't have anything to lose. Who cares what your friend thinks. I would joke around about it to see what he says...if he seems open to the idea, I would be straightforward and ask if he wants to meet up for lunch/drinks/dinner/whatever.

6. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

go for it. meet up with him. won't hurt.

7. big 1

big 1 New Member

:) :eek3d: okay im asking him

8. SovietRussia

huh??

9. SovietRussia

DOOOOO EEEEETt!!!!

10. teo

teo . => ? => !

The girl and her ex (or maybe it's the guy and his ex) both use the big 1 account to post on OT. Why they don't get separate accounts - especially now, since they've broken up - is beyond me. You two realize it's free to sign up and that you're confusing people with the status quo, right? Why not send Fazle an email and have him push a new account for one of you through initiation?

With respect to online dating, if you do meet in person play it safe and meet somewhere public and populated, like a coffee shop. There's no reason to friendzone *just* because you met him online.

11. big 1

big 1 New Member

okie i asked him out... were going out this weekend!:)
    and yea im looking into changing my account....my ex boyfriend can keep this account.